Indianapolis
Detector(s) used
Whites M6 - Standard coil & Super 12

rebelLT

Feb 26, 2007
SE Kansas
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE PRO, XLT, Teknetics Omega
I second "keep my mouth shut". I would have to find a way to convert my find to usable cash without letting those bandits know what I had. You know the bandits i'm talking about! THE IRS!!!!!.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A mason jar full of coins is a bit different from "a long lost civilization".

I'd keep my mouth shut on the coins and sell a few at a time.

The civilization I guess I'd turn over to someone "official" (after I'd swept the area as best I could for anything near the surface). ;D

Imagine what you'd do if you found two shoeboxes full of baseball cards from 1955 to 1958 in an attic. ;)

Attachments

• Delirious.jpg
    Delirious.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 274

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
You're all SICK! sick, sick, sick. How can you so blatantly advertise that you'd break the law by not giving the IRS their share? You go on a public forum admitting you'd break the law? Haven't you read the tax codes? You're supposed to divulge ALL income, no matter the source. Sheesk, I'm gonna have to stop associating with y'all >:( It's people like YOU who bring a bad name to this hobby (almost as bad as people who don't ask permission to hunt city sand boxes).

But I'll tell you what: send me the $$, and I'll absolve you of all guilt. See what a nice guy I am? Now go do the right thing :-*

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm with those above...keep my yap shut! Seems like all the big finds end up in court or something.

I too would slowly convert to usable cash...then bury it somewhere safe. Hmmm let's see early 50's, over weight, bad lungs......could be another treasure comming to a town near you. :D
Maybe I'd go out west...never been there.
Al

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
well since i'm in this sport for the health and fun of it, and since i no longer need the money. I'd do the right thing and keep it quietly hidden until i could get my closest official from the Christian childrens fund to come get it and let him have the headache. ;)

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Mouth sealed. :-X

jsu

Nov 29, 2007
NE Georgia
Detector(s) used
EAGLE II, TIGERSHARK, COMPADRE , MXT
I WOULD`NT TELL ANYONE ESPECIALLY MY WIFE!!!!

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Treasure Tales, you wouldn't alert the IRS? Sheesk, of all people here, I figured this would be the first thing you'd do! hmmm....

Tubecity

Bronze Member
Mar 11, 2007
sw Pa.
i'm talking about! THE IRS!!!!!.

Have you ever noticed if you join the two words- 'the IRS' ,
you get the word 'theIRS, sure makes me wonder.

If I found the big one , I'd only tell you guys on here
& nobody else. I can trust you , right? ::) :D

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ask Mr Jim of California he found 21 double eagles in a jar or can i cant remember. His story was in a magazine, great story.He is in chat all the time ask him. By the way i wish he would post it on tnet....aa

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
I would keep my mouth shut. Cash it in a little at a time in different States. 8) Leave no cyber or paper trail. ;)

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TT Jim of Calif you know the man he lives in Stockton. He doesnt post much but he has some very good stories. ;)

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Funny this question came up....lol...I was at the church today...doing some detecting (Yes, I have permission from the Trustee of the church :)...whom by the way, was heavy into metal detecting some 30 + years ago :))...anyways, I found some alright things and as I was digging this one hole, in my mind I was thinking..."Hmmmm, could there be coins under this rusted out lid?"....NOPE...just the rusted out lid...I know, I keep digging just incase...as the lid was a pretty good size...anyways,

I would probably get me 3 good strong rust resistiant boxes and re-bury the treasure and leave my kids a treasure map!!! I would want them to feel the joy of how I felt when I found the mother lode and make them also, work for their inheritance!!!

Oh, would I tell anyone? Ah...I don't think so! IRS, City of Va Beach, State of Va, all branches of the government, the utility companies, and the list goes on....get enough of my hard earned money!! If they want a cache, they can get their own metal detector and go look for it!!!

That's what I would do......
Annmarie

PS: the church yard (where one of the two houses once stood)...gave me a pretty 1934 Merc Dime...my shovel, however, scratched the back of it...but it's still pretty and the second one I ever dug up!!! I'll go back and try to find my half and dollar coins later .... LOL!!! The wheaties I found were in very bad shape (1928?, 1944, 1945, 1950 and 1953D)...but they will still go in my collection!)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread