• Total voters

Graddick

Sep 17, 2011
Ottawa
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This poll should have a "Don't Care" option. I'm a brand agnostic when it comes to nearly any purchase. When it came time to upgrade from my Tesoro Compadre, I sat down and listed the qualities of my ideal detector: DD-coil, rechargeable battery pack, <$600, etc. No machine fulfilled all of the requirements so I went with the best option available.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brand loyalty is one way to guarantee your not doing as well as you could. Most brands have one or two excellent machines and a few they should not have bothered with. The "Graddick" test is the way people should go. Decide what you need then try all brand models that come nearest to your requirements.

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
U.K Brian...I don't think you have enough machines either...lol. I do agree with you though. I have one brand I like for my land hunting and another for my water hunting.

HH

NJ

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I started with a Whites in the 70s and have owned many brands. I am now using a 13 year old XLT by Whites as my general purpose detector. On the beach, I use a Whites surfmaster PI, also 13 years old. For cache hunting, I use a second hand Hays 2 Box. All of these detectors are very competitive today. They each do the job they were designed to do and none have been repaired. The thing is, the longer you use a detector, the better you get with it. Frank...

ruby gold ring 800.jpg coins_0003 T 5 peso_edited-2.jpg gold cross chain.jpg

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My favorite is the machine that gives best results. Each diggin' outing is different, as are machines. Each apply. I am a relative "newbie". I started metal detecting twice. First in the early 90s. In 2009, I returned full force. Since 2009, I've used Tesoro, Garrett and Fischer. (Recently a Fisher F-70). All have exceeded expectations!
I want a Minelab, I think? Probably a 3030? Cost is an issue, but after 2yrs, I still hear/view problems w the 3030 being submersed.
Great thread litlwolf2!
Peace

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since last post, I did indeed get a Minelab. An ETRac.
It's by far my favorite detector. The information offered opposed to my other machines is outstanding.
But, it's slowed my sweep speed dramatically and can get heavy.
So here goes;
1. Overall favorite - ETRac
2. Speed + Depth - F70
3. Rain/Water - ATPro
Peace ✌

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My problem is I get bored after a while and "need" something new. For now I'm happy with Minelab products, however a Teknetics T2, Deus, and a Nokta FORS CoRe have been calling :BangHead:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread