Vote who's your favorite?¿?¿

• Total voters

WV Hillbilly

Dec 8, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TIME RANGER CZ3D ACE 250
Re: Who's your favorite?¿?¿

I voted fisher because I just bought a CZ3D , a machine I've been wanting to try for some time .
There was some brands listed there that have detectors that I would also like to try .

OP
OP
litlewolf2

litlewolf2

Dec 13, 2006
Waconia, Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70, Garrett - Ace 350, Bounty Hunter - Quick Silver

This is interesting. Different forums favor different brands.

OP
OP
litlewolf2

litlewolf2

Dec 13, 2006
Waconia, Minnesota
Detector(s) used

Out of 3 major forums and 1 minor with a total of 118 these are the results of the poll. Thought some might find it interesting.

• Bounty Hunter - 6
  • Fisher - 8
  • Garrett - 17
  • Minelab - 27
  • Nautililus - 0
  • Teknetics - 1
  • Tesoro - 15
  • Whites - 44

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

That about bears out what I see in folk's hands. I'm sure there are localized "brand hot spots" depending on the available dealers and local club preferences. I can't recall ever seeing anyone detecting with a Tesoro hereabouts (and you skipped Compass and Troy that I do see still swinging on occasion).

Be interesting to compare that list to the marketing dollars each of those companies invests. ;-)

OP
OP
litlewolf2

litlewolf2

Dec 13, 2006
Waconia, Minnesota
Detector(s) used

Any new opinions out there? ???

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

*other

DD-777

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2007
Over the River and thru the Woods...
Detector(s) used
Team Tesoro

I prefer "the Force"... :wink:

Here's the current numbers:

Bounty Hunter - 3 (6.8%)
Fisher - 3 (6.8%)
Garrett - 6 (13.6%)
Minelab - 9 (20.5%)
Nautilus - 0 (0%)
Teknetics - 1 (2.3%)
Tesoro - 10 (22.7%)
Whites - 12 (27.3%)

Total Voters: 42

smurf-42

Sep 22, 2008
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star

I picked Bounty Hunter since that is what I use. I have tried a White's DFX, but not enough time on it to really get used to it.

Sue

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Now let's look at the whole package here.

I wont say but, if it's customer service related, then it's not the machine I voted for for sure.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I live in Minelab country of which I started the revolution in about 2000. :headbang: I have only seen one Whites unit and that was the Patriot who switched to an Explorer after meeting the rest of us, and now has upgraded to an SE purchased from 4-H! :thumbsup:

A short but funny story from back in 2000.

A bunch of us had met online and decided to get together for what turned out to be some detecting and a lot of drinking! We were meeting and staying at one of the guy's houses as he had a couple of cabins in back which made it all pretty easy. So I guess it was about noon and maybe 8-10 of us had arrived and we were all fairly charged up to hunt and of course were talking detecting a mile a minute. The topic soon turned to my Explorer, which none of them had seen in person but had heard pretty good things about. So I figured I'd turn it on and try to impress them by demonstrating its power by hitting the pinpoint button and showing how it would pick up my hand digger waving it just under the control box. But what happened was even better ;D The second I hit the power button a huge gust of wind blew in and knocked the umbrella off the table and sent anything loose flying through the air, so all I had to do was look over and say... "See!" :laughing7: The Cladman and I still laugh about that even to this day.

DanielWestman

Aug 15, 2008
Umeå

I've only seen Minelabs detectors for sale in Sweden, so that's mainly why I voted for Minelab. They feel like a serious company with quality detectors and I hope to get my hands on an E-trac in the future.

OP
OP
litlewolf2

litlewolf2

Dec 13, 2006
Waconia, Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Been a few years since I've seen this. Anything changed or to add to this poll?

Viddy

Aug 16, 2011
Harrisburg, PA
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, F2, Etrac, T2, V3i, AT Pro, CTX3030, Equinox 800, Vanquish 540, Go-Find 66, F5, Q60, Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I voted Minelab as my favorite....

In the 9 months I have detected I have owned:
Minelab Xterra 705 and Etrac
Fisher F2
Garrett AT Pro
Teknetics T2...
and have tried out a few friend's detectors such as:
White's M6
Tesoro Vaquero
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV (still trying to get my friend Laurie on here)

I just think Minelab is my favorite because all the detector companies seem to have great customer service, REALIZING that if they didn't, they'd be trashed online, the forums, and through word of mouth, and that speaks a lot for people looking for their first detector... or trying a new detector... from a never-bought-from-manufacturer.
Minelab just seems to be moving faster with the R&D and new-tech compared to other companies/manufacturers. The X-Terra line... changing frequencies when you change your coil as an example. I joked about 6 months ago about having GPS involved with a detector when someone posted a 'what is your wish list for a new detector?', and Minelab did it. I also own an AT Pro as a back up to my ETrac and spouted off many times 'I wish other companies made a basic water proof machine besides Garrett!' and Minelab did it with the CTX 3030 soon. I am 43 and in that generation that got to own an Atari 2600, cassette player, and had a cell phone with a battery bag, etc.... but also am appreciating the current techs like smartphones, PS3, Ipods, and online gaming, etc... I love when a company spends on R&D tech instead of trying to milk every dollar on old tech over and over.... just my honest opinion, and why Minelab is my favorite...

Viddy

Aug 16, 2011
Harrisburg, PA
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, F2, Etrac, T2, V3i, AT Pro, CTX3030, Equinox 800, Vanquish 540, Go-Find 66, F5, Q60, Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
oh yeah... and my next detector?..... I gotta get a White's V3i to go with my Etrac and AT Pro! before dropping the $$$ on the CTX 3030 after that....

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only eight manufacturers listed out of 60+ brands and Bounty Hunter/Teknetics/Fisher are the same company.

OP
OP
litlewolf2

litlewolf2

Dec 13, 2006
Waconia, Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Think listing all the brands would cause some issues on here. There is a limit to the amount of items you can post on the poll plus people on the net now a days have a form of online ADHD, they want quick easy references and so I listed what I believed to be the most popular. Sorry I couldn't list them all.

As to the Bounty Hunter/Teknetics/Fisher, that's news to me. I apologize because I see them listed as separate companies when doing my own research. It sounds similar to what I recently found out about Trek bikes. The vast majority are made by Giant all but their very top end bikes are made by Trek themselves at their Wisconsin location.

They have their own web pages and claim to have their own individual origins. I notice they are part of the First Texas Products and share the same address. But since they claim their own individuality and Google earth shows it to be a pretty big complex I'll leave them separate on here.

Interesting info though, thanks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread