Lookin

Lookin

Feb 15, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
White's MXT; backup - BH Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
Other
Buckleboy, Thanks for the links! Exactly what I was looking for! Best of luck!

OP
OP
Lookin

Lookin

Feb 15, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
White's MXT; backup - BH Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
Other
Alright, my first inquiry is.....A GO! Here's what I did. With the enthusiasm that I have for this hobby, I told some friends about having gotten a M/D last month and that I had found multiple wheat pennies, one silver quarter, a couple of keys, etc in my own yard. I was asked when my house was built (1954), which I said was before the silver coins were gone. I said that was my goal, to find a silver coin in my yard. They proceeded to tell me (which I knew) that their house was built in 1923 and that I ought to search their yard. I said that I would be very interested in that, but would rather wait until after the last threat of frost, since the plugs can sometimes get pushed up from the frost. Sweet! They own a double lot, so that should provide for several days of MDing! They told me about the old German who buildt and lived in the home pretty much forever and how he had kept a big garden, about the history of the guest house, etc. I'm looking forward to respectfully searching their yard right in the middle of "the old part of town!" It's not the oldest part of town, but it is the oldest "nice" part of town! Come on lost gold coins!

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lookin said:
Alright, my first inquiry is.....A GO! Here's what I did. With the enthusiasm that I have for this hobby, I told some friends about having gotten a M/D last month and that I had found multiple wheat pennies, one silver quarter, a couple of keys, etc in my own yard. I was asked when my house was built (1954), which I said was before the silver coins were gone. I said that was my goal, to find a silver coin in my yard. They proceeded to tell me (which I knew) that their house was built in 1923 and that I ought to search their yard. I said that I would be very interested in that, but would rather wait until after the last threat of frost, since the plugs can sometimes get pushed up from the frost. Sweet! They own a double lot, so that should provide for several days of MDing! They told me about the old German who buildt and lived in the home pretty much forever and how he had kept a big garden, about the history of the guest house, etc. I'm looking forward to respectfully searching their yard right in the middle of "the old part of town!" It's not the oldest part of town, but it is the oldest "nice" part of town! Come on lost gold coins!

And after you have gained there MDing trust, you can ask them about other places they might know of--houses, house sites, friends with lots of land, old timers to talk to (and take good notes), and the list goes on. When I'm in a yard, I always smile and wave at the neighbors when they pass and look my way. (Eventually I may be knocking on their doors... ;) ). Nice work on getting your first "Yes." There will be many more to come. Sharing finds with property owners--and being honest with them pays even bigger dividends down the road too. They will be much more willing to help in your search for new spots.

Regards,

Buckleboy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread