Where do you live , large city , smaller city , town , in the country ,on a farm

Planet1mars

Feb 18, 2008
Shelby Twp., mi
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Tesoro tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
digger_girl said:
He's my third cousin, twice removed on my Momma's side. ;D But his sister married my uncle on my Daddy's side...... sooooooooooooooo :o

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Hey, I was born and raised in Mississippi. I understand your family tree's instances of "cross-pollination". ::) ;D
If you don't mind the suggestion; I think you should seriously consider interviewing as a replacement for Kirsten on next season's Cash and Treasures. From your avatar; you're obviously good looking, you're an experienced treasure hunter, and it seems you have a killer sense of humor.Seems purrrrfect to me. ;) 8)

And Maxine (errrr, aaahhhh) TreasureTales could be your"'understudy". ;D

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
I call home and live on a few acres of what was a booming town a century ago during the Central Florida logging industry, The last of a group of families that lived here for several generations from sawyers, loggers, fishermen and cattlemen.
10 miles to the closet town of 498 folks, 25 plus miles to the big city of wally world, kellymart, and industry.
The road ends at my gate and even after the hurricanes and destruction I took it is still what I consider heaven on earth. My TV is cows and calves grazing in pastures, horses with young running graciously, wildlife appearing magically and peacefully, largemouth bass striking along the bank, bald eagles flying at tree top heights, fireflies and stars lighting my nightly screen.
My stereo is gators and frogs croaking, owls hooting, crickets singing and sandhill cranes expressing themselves and the many birds singing their own songs.
My lights come from what God provides and the campfire I have along the river before I retire for the night. Thank you God for a life in the country on a farm along the river.

OP
OP
WV Hillbilly

WV Hillbilly

Dec 8, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TIME RANGER CZ3D ACE 250
bridgeendfarm said:
I call home and live on a few acres of what was a booming town a century ago during the Central Florida logging industry, The last of a group of families that lived here for several generations from sawyers, loggers, fishermen and cattlemen.
10 miles to the closet town of 498 folks, 25 plus miles to the big city of wally world, kellymart, and industry.
The road ends at my gate and even after the hurricanes and destruction I took it is still what I consider heaven on earth. My TV is cows and calves grazing in pastures, horses with young running graciously, wildlife appearing magically and peacefully, largemouth bass striking along the bank, bald eagles flying at tree top heights, fireflies and stars lighting my nightly screen.
My stereo is gators and frogs croaking, owls hooting, crickets singing and sandhill cranes expressing themselves and the many birds singing their own songs.
My lights come from what God provides and the campfire I have along the river before I retire for the night. Thank you God for a life in the country on a farm along the river.

Seems like there is a little spot of heaven in just about every state . Right or wrong I feel just a little bit sorry
for city folk . Maybe they feel the same about me out here in the boonies .

shane41

Sep 7, 2006
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 . Bounty Hunter, Vibra Probe 570 Garrett Pin Pointer AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in a pretty good size city Milwaukee, Wis. I am on the very southeast side of town. Very close to the shores of Lake Michigan. Have tons of places to MDing around here. Parks, schools, or the shore of lake Michigan. Milwaukee county lets you metal detect in all there parks and schools etc. Never had a problem in the last 30 years. Pic is of our back yard in the summer. As you can see no snow on the ground, so it must be summer :)

Attachments

• 2007 backyard.jpg
    2007 backyard.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 180
  • 2007 backyard.jpg
    2007 backyard.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 174
  • 2007 backyard.jpg
    2007 backyard.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 190

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Re: Where do you live , large city , smaller city , town , in the country ,on a

I live just south of Wichita on 1 1/4 acres, the only noise is the neighbor's harley and the occasional KC-135 tanker.
I love living in the peace and quiet

Sniffer

docbars

Oct 15, 2007
SOUTHEAST OHIO
Detector(s) used
V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was born a farm boy,(SEOHIO) I currently live about five miles from our farm. We raise beef cattle and mess with horses a lot. It is pretty rural area, not much happens around here till saturday's when the Buckeyes play.

Magic Fingers

I live on almost 6 acres up in the mountains of Montana. There are 7 families that live on the 600 acres surrounded by forest service land. The nearest town of almost 2000 is about 10 miles away. I drive over an hour away to do my big grocery shopping and try and get everything done in one trip and get home as soon as I can....lol. Moose, elk, deer, black bear, and grizzly bear roam around lots. Oh the stories I could tell of the encounters!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions