Where do you live , large city , smaller city , town , in the country ,on a farm

WV Hillbilly

Dec 8, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TIME RANGER CZ3D ACE 250
I live on 73 acres out in the country . It was a farm at one time but no one had lived on this
property for about 75 years before I bought it . There is an old house site on the property but
the old house is long gone . There was barns & other outbuildings here at one time also but they
are all gone too . I had to start from scratch so to speak . Most of the property is in timber now .
There are a couple of small towns about 15 minutes drive away . One east & one west . It is
about a 40 minute drive to the nearest town of any size . Also one east & one west . They like to
call theirselves cities but they are not really that big .

firedup

Jan 28, 2008
Detector(s) used
DFX ,Bullseye 2
Ilive in a two story city. when i step out the frontdoor in a three mile radius's there are six schools (two high, one Jr high and three elementry school) There is a sports complex Three salt water beaches, two fresh water beaches and a city park.

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2
15 miles from Dallas.

Hillbilly I actually like WV. Been white water rafting on the New, Cheat and Gauley rivers many times. Visited some people in Davis which was a very small one time coal town. Did quite a bit of roaming around WV.

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
I live just left of nowhere. nearest town (200 people) is 5 mi. biggest city (5000) 65 mi. fishin pond in my back yard, nearest neighbors are horses, people neighbors are the best ever!

Digger

Mar 24, 2003
Dodge City Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, E-Trac, Makro Racer 2, DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in a small city of 25,000. I love this size of city because I can drive anywhere in 10 minutes or less. Takes me 7 minutes to get to work from home. Dodge City has a great history as well going back to 1871. We have 7 schools and 10 parks all with tot lots. Our city park dates back to 1883.

Five miles west of town, a 7 minute drive, are the locations of 2 old forts. Fort Mann(1845-1848) and Fort Atkinson(1850-1854). Both have nothing left but open field. 5 miles to the east are Fort Dodge(1864-1887) and Coronado Cross, the place thought to be where Coronado came looking for Quivera(seven cities of gold). Spanish armor was found near Fort Dodge back in the 60's.

The greatest thing of all is there are no metal detecting laws. Yet!

firedup

Jan 28, 2008
Detector(s) used
DFX ,Bullseye 2
This is a city that until recently had zoning only for one or two story buildings. Now there almost no more land and we have started building skyward. About 250k people.

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Go to where the blacktop turns to gravel....follow the dirt road for the next 6 miles....careful on the sharp bends....when road narrows to trail, park and walk next 1/4 mile following river....cabin just over the first ridge.

Attachments

• cabin.jpg
    cabin.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 469

gnewt

Jan 5, 2008
Tx/Al
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/ White
I live in a small town in Texas, just moved here from a farm and fish pond in Alabama. I never moved my furniture, so when I want to I can go back for a visit the place is waiting. It is 15 miles from a small town and mountains are all around. It has two houses and my Grandson and his wife are holding down the fort. Gnewt

digger_girl

Oct 29, 2007
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's Classic 5ID
mamabear said:
I live just left of nowhere. nearest town (200 people) is 5 mi. biggest city (5000) 65 mi. fishin pond in my back yard, nearest neighbors are horses, people neighbors are the best ever!

I can relate! I don't live in the middle of Nowhere~ But you can see it from my back door! ;D I drive an hour and 15 minutes one way to work everyday. But it's worth it when I come home, light a fire in the fireplace, fix myself a drink, and stare out at the mountains. Or better yet, look up at the sky and actually see stars! ;) I've lived in bug cities before- Atlanta, FortWorth, and NYC. Like Dorothy said- There's no place like home. Or like my dad used to say- You can take the girl out of the country, but...... ;D.
I'm on 10 acres with a pond to fish in and plenty of deer and bobcats roaming around.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I live on 20 acres and currently have 15 chickens and two turkeys in the barnyard (down to our winter carrying flock - no electricity in the barn). My commute to work is 19 miles and includes three stop lights. (I work in a village of 5,400 folks +/-)

Far enough out that the mailman turns around on the road out front as the other end comes out in nowhere, too.

But three interstates meet not to far away so I can get somewhere if the need arises.

windrun

Oct 30, 2007
Eudora, Kansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 50
I live in ten acres farm and about 12 miles to the Unversity of Kansas campus, Lawrence. About three miles south to Black Jack Battlefield. I have about 1/2 acres of pond, many wild turkey and over hundreds of Canada geese on my open field sometime.

Richard

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Small town of about 4500 people. Easy walking distances to all needed stores. In addition, its also easy walking distances to all the excellent metal detecting sites a person could want. The only hard part is deciding which one to hunt on any given day. :)

radarwill

Feb 8, 2008
Central MA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
I'm in pretty much as back woods as you can get in MA. Orignally I'm from Southeast TN; now that was back woods.

I didn't know that there were any "diggers" that even remotely look like digger_girl, wow. ;)
I like this hobby more and more each passing day.

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
radarwill said:
I didn't know that there were any "diggers" that even remotely look like digger_girl, wow. ;)

Smooooooooooth...

Also - you've not been paying attention. T-Net is choke full of diggin' hotties.

gnewt

Jan 5, 2008
Tx/Al
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/ White
What is a hottie?
Is that a Harley thats low on oil? I forgot. Gn

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
just on the edge of a small town of about 3000 people along the ohio river

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
i live in the largest city in Delaware which by others standards is probably rather small. it is large enough however to have made it and everything around it really developed and congested. sometimes i wish i lived in the country.

digger_girl

Oct 29, 2007
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's Classic 5ID
TreasureTales said:
radarwill said:
I like this hobby more and more each passing day.

Please confine your flirtations to the TreasureNet Dating Service Forum. Each room has a private bath and a remote-controlled video camera. ;)
Now THAT'S funny! I don't care who you are! ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread