Metal Detecting Vest

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a saffari vest that I wear, it has lots of pockets and works great! I also have a hunters vest that I wear when it's that time of the year (Blaze Orange) which I think is even better (large pocket in the back where you place your game is perfect for trash, and the front pckets are big enough to place all your great finds). You can usually pick one up at Kmart or Wally world around hunting season or on the clearance rack after the season (I gor mine for about $10, it's good and sturdy). I would check these out before you try and convince the wife that you need her to make you one.

Just my .02 cents

HH

PTP

JOE(USA)

Dec 3, 2006
New Milford,CT.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes/Tiger Shark,Whites,B.H./ Teknetics,3DElectronics/ Two Box, Minelab XS,Excal.
WV Hillbilly,

I use a Fly fishing vest,it's made to get wet, light weight, zipper and Velcro closing pockets and inexpensive ($15 - $20) on sale. My vest carries my safety equip., self defense equip., light, and the trash and treasure finds when I'm hunting the water.

OP
OP
WV Hillbilly

WV Hillbilly

Dec 8, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TIME RANGER CZ3D ACE 250
Montana Jim said:
I guess maybe a fly-fishing vest might be handy...

How much stuff do you carry that you need a lotta pockets?

As you all know those handheld pinpointers are a pain to carry , so I was thinking of a special pocket or whatever for it . I also need a pocket for my can of timberwolf , self defence item , digging tool , bottle of water , pocket for coins & good finds & another for trash , place for small coil , ect . I hate having anything in my pants pockets , car keys jabbing my leg every time I squat down to dig , ect . You get the drift . I am a hunter & kind of like the hunting vest idea with the big pocket in the back for trash but most don't seem to be really ideal for carrying everything . I presently wear a carpenters nail apron with two pockets , one for good finds & one for trash . I would like to get rid of that also . Everything else is just stuck here & there in awkward places . I would just like to have a vest with a special place for the items I normally carry while detecting . A person should also carry a small flashlight , matches , ect , when hunting out in the boonies .
Then there's always the cell phone & on & on & how about snacks ? I quit , as I previously mentioned before , you get the drift . I forgot all about extra batteries lol I didn't realise how much stuff we need to carry .

digger_girl

Oct 29, 2007
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's Classic 5ID
I have a small backpack that I carry my cell phone, keys, batteries, first aid kit, etc. in. I works great most of the time, when I'm hunting a small area. I also carry a small squirt bottle with water in it to clean off coins with. It will work great if I ever find an old coin! ;D I have a pouch that straps on at my waist and thigh that I put my finds in. It works good for small items, but the iron gets heavy..... :D

Fisher

Sep 24, 2007
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
I use camo BDU pants and an electrician's tool pouch. They both have an assortment of pockets with plenty of room that you can utilize for different needs. My pouch even has a small pocket for my can of Timberwolf! I got lucky and found a pouch that my pinpointer fits into at an estate sale. I also hate having my keys in my pockets for the same reason. I started using a D-ring clipped to a belt loop.
Happy Hunting!

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
If you have an Army, Navy supply store near you take your wife and you two look around and you might find something she could sew. I bought a cool carry pouch at one . It holds my probe, coin probe, bottle water, my rolled up plastic for putting dirt on, and cellphone. It's light weight and narrow. My digging tool fits on my belt. I wear a 2 pocket nail apron and it holds my trash and finds. I have a backpack but it aggravates me. I can unlock my car without a key so I don't have to carry them around with me.

Alan Applegate

Aug 20, 2013
Roswell, NM
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, GTI-2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess vests are alright, but here is what I use:

kit.jpg

It is an Ideal electricians bag, and I used the shoulder strap to help support the weight of my GTI-2500. The shovel is held in place with three neodymium magnets. There are several sleeves on the outside of the pouch, and one of them holds my Garrett pinpointer perfectly. You can pick one up and any decent big-box hardware store (Home Disapointment, Lowes, etc.).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread