has any one detected the roswell crash site in NM?????????????

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hmmmm 8)

That sounds like a great organized hunt, but I'm certain that the Gov't covered that area with a find toothed detector ;D

I'm not even sure the farmer who owns the property would allow anyone to come in and detect for fear of Gov't reprisal, but hey, go for it you never know.

HH

PTP

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the owner isn't tired of people asking, I would not see a reason to say no to you.

#1. The Gov. Won't Care. Nothing to hide since it never happend. Right ?

#2. The landowner need not Fear Reprisels. it is His Property And the Gov.
has no say, unless it is a Designated Historical Site. or a flying saucer crashed.
Which it can't be historical because Weather Baloons Crashing are not Historical events.

and flying saucers don't exist. just ask the Gov. one didn't crash there.

Right ?

I say Ask.

And to answer your Question Yes it has been Detected in the past, But
it's a Big area. sorry I Don't remember what Magazine Issue had the story.

Bodyguard

Mar 11, 2007
Southeastern PA
Detector(s) used
BH Sharpshooter II
In addition to all the other issues, the "crash site" spread over several miles. To the best of my understanding, nothing happened in Roswell at all. I'm not talking about the Govt. position on the situation either. The incident actually happened in the town of Corona, a very small for lack of a better word, "suburb", of Roswell. Roswell is a fun place, but a typical "tourist trap" in hyping what happened. BG
ll

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm not sure. I intended to, but I woke up a week later that's now just time lost to my memory with my watch running backwards and a satellite dish sticking out my . . . but I don't know if I found anything.

And what's with all these black helicopters over my house lately?

OP
OP
chong2

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
Flippin Stick n good luck :)
i go through roswell a few times of the year to go waterfowl hunting. it knida just crossed my mind about the crash site. i believe in aliens and am freaked out about them, i would go into super paranoid state if i found "wierd metal" out there. what if they can home in on you with the metal you just took from thier old ship??? not cool at all
was it UFO MAGAZINE that you read it jeff? or maybe on tv recently?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
chong2mry said:
i go through roswell a few times of the year to go waterfowl hunting. it knida just crossed my mind about the crash site. i believe in aliens and am freaked out about them, i would go into super paranoid state if i found "wierd metal" out there. what if they can home in on you with the metal you just took from thier old ship??? not cool at all

No I'm almost Posative it was W&E Treasures about 2 maybe 3 Years ago.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think anything that could be connected to the time.

I Know we discussed the article here But a search dosn't bring anything up.

WV Hillbilly

Dec 8, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TIME RANGER CZ3D ACE 250
chong2mry said:

Don't know what to think about aliens . Would love to just know the truth . Wouldn't be freaked out at all to
find out they exist . I wonder if possibly , if there are aliens , people being freaked out isn't why the goverment
won't tell us . If they're there , they're there , if they're not , they're not . Knowing wouldn't make any difference
to me except I would find it extremely interesting if I knew they existed . I would detect there in a heartbeat if I
thought I might find something interesting .

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't you folks remember the multi-part television program last year, sponsored by The Sci-Fi Channel??
I believe Bryant Gumbel was the host. The organization contracted with a security guard company to provide lock and key storage of anything they found. They used a backhoe to dig a trench across a depression to see if the soil had been "artificially" compressed. A geologist and an archaeologist was on the team to evaluate any questionable items. They even found some old scraps of rubber weather balloons. Convenient wasn't it?

My last few years in the USAF was spent on flying status as an aircrew member. In our secured tech order library was an official USAF manual that specified exactly what aircrew members were to do in reporting UFO sitings--including line drawings illustrating remembering shapes of vehicles and intities. This manual was updated as needed just as all of the other manuals and tech orders in our library.
The official AF stance was one thing. BUT behind the scene, it was something entirely different.

OP
OP
chong2

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
remember reading or seeing that metal. Tigr50 had a cool story with it, too bad they didnt have a md with them . as for the aliens, are very interesting. i just got a time life book, mysteries of the unknow, ufo. its awesome and has pics of paintings hundreds of years old with ufos in them.

OP
OP
chong2

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
here are some of the pics from the book, every time i think of the one with the jetsons space ship, i get the chills.

Attachments

• CIMG9945.JPG
    CIMG9945.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 619
  • CIMG9946.JPG
    CIMG9946.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 526

cazar

Jul 4, 2005
mississippi, beaches of the pacific
Detector(s) used
whites beachhunter, dfx
I think everyone has seen something weird in the sky ...just a few weeks ago the town in texas
reported sightings...but no more recently ...I wonder why ...

I imagine that the place has been combed over so many times...it would be a waste..BUT..heck
go have your picture taken..

now for what Jeff said..

it was a crashed weather balloon... REALLY ...why is it still secret then? *natl security..*
a weather balloon is natl security?

there are no UFO's ....sure ..there are no unidentified objects in the sky ...sure right

how many jets, airplanes,eyewitness sightings have there been where something mysterious has
been seen and cannot be explained away? .... many many

what about all the films that cannot be explained away.. there are all hoaxes ( yeah right)

ok ..off my soapbox...

HH

hope that you find something...

Caz

Silver Fox

Dec 8, 2007
New York City, USA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star
chong2mry said:
lol, now im thinking ............... never mind, dont answer
dangit!!!!!!! i love u uncle sam
No UFO crashed anywhere not even Corona. If you go to Roswell, the various tourist businesses will promise to take you to the REAL debris area and even if you get curiou$ and tour all of the alleged debris areas you'll never see the area where the balloon debris was found 'cause I don't think there's any living persons that actually visited the balloon debris and why would you want to go see a balloon debris area anyway?

IF you should be fortunate and you are taken to the balloon debris area and you are allowed to metal detect, set your detector to ALL METALS to hear pieces of foil that might still be there. Such a piece of foil might be treasure unless the area was seeded to fool the gullible.

Better yet: if you should consider going to Roswell to get involved with the b.s., DON'T! Instead send me the money I'll put it to better use having a good time 'cause you ain't gonna have a good time being fooled.

Silver Fox

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cazar said:
I think everyone has seen something weird in the sky ...just a few weeks ago the town in texas
reported sightings...but no more recently ...I wonder why ...

I imagine that the place has been combed over so many times...it would be a waste..BUT..heck
go have your picture taken..

now for what Jeff said..

it was a crashed weather balloon... REALLY ...why is it still secret then? *natl security..*
a weather balloon is natl security?

there are no UFO's ....sure ..there are no unidentified objects in the sky ...sure right

how many jets, airplanes,eyewitness sightings have there been where something mysterious has
been seen and cannot be explained away? .... many many

what about all the films that cannot be explained away.. there are all hoaxes ( yeah right)

ok ..off my soapbox...

HH

hope that you find something...

Caz

IT WAS JUST SWAMP GAS, I TELL YOU---SWAMP GAS !!!!!!!! ;D Unless a politician was in the area, then it was a different kind of "gas".

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread