How is Fisher customer service are they good or bad, I heard bad things, help!!

makahaman

Sep 22, 2006
Northshore, Hawaiian Islands
Hi everyone I was wondering if anyone has had a bad experience dealing with Fisher? I have been reading on other posts complaining about Fisher and how their customer service has been horrible!! I would really like to know how they treated you and if you thought it was fair? I have been dealing with Whites for the whole time I have been metal detecting and they gave me the best customer service so far!! Hope to hear your wonderful comments to help steer me in the right direction for my next detector purchase!! Aloha

RHoward

Mar 1, 2008
Martin City, Montana
Detector(s) used
Garrett-GTA1000, Money Hunter BFO, Minelab E-Trac & Garrett Pro Pointer
Don't know about Fisher but Garrett have been great. Sent a machine in to be fixed, long past warranty but they fixed it and sent it back with no charge. Last machine I got from them had battery holders break , called them and they sent me new ones had them in 3 days.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just sent in my F-75 for the upgrade. Mine is 9 months old and as of February'08 they changed the grip & battery compartment and fully weatherproofed the control box. They offered these changes to the holders of the older units for $50.

I called ahead and was given an return authorization number. Receptionist was pleasent and she directed my call to the repair lab. Spoke with a man named Felix and asked for the upgrade.

I got a call when they received the unit and were ready to service it from Felix again, who was very pleasant and we spoke for a while on the F-75.

Turn around was one week and I had a letter with the Fed-Ex tracking number two days before the unit arrived (Fed Ex home delivery).

The paperwork I got back said: "We have received your Fisher model F75 and based on our review of the product, we have determined that the product is in need of repair.

"Upgrade: $50

"Total Charges: $50

"We have tested your F75. We find it to be in perfect working order."

I noticed the coil I got back is spotless. I mean I can't find a bit of dirt or a scuff (It went and returned with a coil cover), even using a magnifying glass. I suspect they replaced the coil. The coil isn't serial numbered like a Minelab, so I can't say for sure - but if not I want their cleaning secrets. All works very well. I have absolutely zero complaints with Fisher's customer service.

The warranty on their new detectors is five years - which is better than the two years of White's, Minelab (only one year on the coils) or Garrett. The "old" Fisher was lifetime, as is Tesoro, and I think that is why there are murmors of dissatisfaction from the old Fisher owners. This is my first Fisher so I think five years is super!

Wicked Wanda

Feb 29, 2008
Apple Valley, CA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Ace 250 , & Pro Pointer
Just wanted to say that I work in the prospecting/rec. mining wholesale business. Bought my first ever MD 2 days ago and it is a Fisher F2. For the price I've heard nothing but great news on this detector. Lots of our customers say that they do not know how Fisher could put out such a good machine for the price. It is comprable with the Ace 250. As of today, Fisher has come out with 2 new detectors, F70 and I think it is called the F5. Iwill get as much info as I can and post it. Teknetics( part of Fisher) has a T2 that I hear is good also. Have not gone out yet,weather permits....tomorrow!

OP
OP
M

makahaman

Sep 22, 2006
Northshore, Hawaiian Islands
Thanks for the great response!! I guess the guys who had a bad time was the ones with the Lifetime warranties!! I feel for those guys but what are you to do? Maybe I will go with the new CZ-21 as I hear it is a good machine!! Thanks again!! Aloha ;D

golddigger14s

Aug 14, 2007
Lawton, OK
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
Great service, they fixed my out of warranty (bought used) GB 2. I paid for the repair, but they were quick.

WV Hillbilly

Dec 8, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TIME RANGER CZ3D ACE 250
First Texas , the parent company of bounty hunter bought out fisher not to long ago . It seems a lot
of people like to bash bounty hunter . I think there were a few mixups as fisher changed hands . I read
a post or two where people had sent their detectors to fishers old address for repair or something like
that . Don't really remember . Personally I think ( most ) of the people complaining about fisher are just
old bounty hunter bashers . I'm sure someone might have had a legitmate complaint because dealing
with any company there is always a problem or two that arises occasionally .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread