Ever struck it rich?

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If I admitted to it I'd have to pay Uncle Sam 30% of it or more.

Nope. Ain't found nuttin. :D

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I do? I am CERTAINLY NOT going to tell Uncle Sam!!!!!!!!!! They would probably find a way to RAPE me from it like they do everyone else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DirkSears

Jan 14, 2008
Indianapolis
Detector(s) used
Whites M6 - Standard coil & Super 12
I strike it rich every time I go out to MD, but only in the spiritual sense! ;D I love the hobby!

Love doesn't pay the bills though....nope, never hit the mother load!

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a dream I am loading small gold bars, Saint-Gaudens Gold Coins and other gold coins and items into my pockets as fast as a I can and leaving someplace with pockets full.

Keep @ it and HH!!

OP
OP
(())RandY(())

(())RandY(())

Mar 5, 2008
Tennessee
TheHarleyMan2 said:
If I do? I am CERTAINLY NOT going to tell Uncle Sam!!!!!!!!!! They would probably find a way to RAPE me from it like they do everyone else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Does Uncle Sam MD :o mabe he knows were the good stuff is...

OP
OP
(())RandY(())

(())RandY(())

Mar 5, 2008
Tennessee
DirkSears said:
I strike it rich every time I go out to MD, but only in the spiritual sense! ;D I love the hobby!

Love doesn't pay the bills though....nope, never hit the mother load!
Good one!!!! only if she works ;D

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 340, Tesoro Silver uMax, Compadre, and BH Tracker IV.

Ex: White's Spectrum XLT, Tesoro Cutlass II Umax, and that circa late 70's red handled junk from RadioShack that started it.
quit my job no... forget my job yes (while md) :)

OP
OP
(())RandY(())

(())RandY(())

Mar 5, 2008
Tennessee
MUD(S.W.A.T) said:
I have a dream I am loading small gold bars, Saint-Gaudens Gold Coins and other gold coins and items into my pockets as fast as a I can and leaving someplace with pockets full.

Keep @ it and HH!!
Do you dream this often? 8) And just how big are them pockets lol...are you noticeable?

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
lRandylInlOhiol said:
TheHarleyMan2 said:
Does Uncle Sam MD :o maybe he knows were the good stuff is...

No Randy,
Uncle sits and waits, and when you make a big find as Charlie says... rapes you for 30%. and that's if you are lucky.
There have been instances where the finder ended up with the pictures he took .....and that's all.
Uncle is not one to work. You get to do that, uncle takes, and takes, and takes etc.

Thom

whomeiam

Nov 19, 2009
Charlie P. (NY) said:
If I admitted to it I'd have to pay Uncle Sam 30% of it or more.

Nope. Ain't found nuttin. :D
Hi There All whomeiam here in south east Texas .
Is there anyone here in south Texas that Has ever found the " Rock Pens " ?
I Think I have Not Sure Yet . If it is , Then it's is a mother load . Going on a fact finding run this week end . I am New to this forum . So be with on this one , I will be using a $ 99. Radio Shack ,
and hope !

Well i went there is a large fence all around that land , so i need some that is a Treasure hunter that speaks Spanish .
it is in south Texas off IH 35 and in the back of a large ranch . The Story of Frank Dobie Lost rock pens Where 31 mule loads of silver & gold . I may have to contact a large Treasure company . Any Way Thanks for putting up with me By for now .

Last edited:

RPG

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax, Compadre, Vaquero
Working on my second million now. :icon_sunny:

I gave up on the first one. :(

johnnyi

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2009
new jersey
Detector(s) used
minelab, white's xlt, deus xp, fisher aquanaut, white's twin box
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
No I haven't, not the the "big one". I found a letter from Einstein taped to the inside of a book which I sold for 1600, and there have been a few nice coins and relics along the way, but not the job quitting "big one". But if I did find it, and it was something particularly cool (like a chest ;D) I have a feeling that I wouldn't be able to resist the temptation, and I'd probably be lame enough to post it. It would be a toss up though whether or not I called Giraldo first for the "grand opening".

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found something that made me about $2500 richer,I found a lottery ticket blowing in the wind,took it home and went to the web site and found out it was worth $2500,the problem with that was I still owe the IRS $1200 from past taxes. :hello2:

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
I found a few nice things here and there, but not enough to quit my job, besides, I actually like my job LOL

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
I hadn't worked much for several years and quietly retired a couple of years ago . My modest needs are well met with what I have ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread