Lets see your treasure hunting vehicle

john37115

Nov 8, 2007
Tennessee, USA
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, F75, Nautilus dmc IIb, Custom Soveriegn, Pro XL, Classic IV, IDX, Compass Gold Scanner Pro
Let's see your treasure hunting vehicle

My son bought this little truck and we have had a blast with it. It has a heater, radio, will hall 1500lbs, 6 speed trans, 4x4 and goes anywhere. We use it for those out of the way old homesites it saves alot of walking and will go almost anywhere. Check out the deer hunting blind on the back of it. This has got to be the coolest treasure hunting vehicle I've ever seen. Sorry for the picture quality was taken with a cellphone. By the way he named it Oscar.. :D

Attachments

• Myoscar.jpg
    Myoscar.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 610
  • Oscar2.jpg
    Oscar2.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 601

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
Re: Let's see your treasure hunting vehicle

That's so cool.
Good times there!
Nice going :)

But my old bones need some creature comforts :)
This was a state handicapped bus/thingy that Ralph got for 200 bucks at a state auction. It had a bunch of big seats and a lift thingy for wheelchairs.
He ripped it all out, put in a king sized bed (that's MORE comfortable then home,i swear) , tv/dvd. a kitchen, bathroom, heat/a/c. It's great, we love it. But, we don't do off roading. I like beaches, rivers, water :)

Attachments

• RalphVan.jpg
    RalphVan.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 584

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hey All,
John37115, That is one COOL 4x4, do you have any info on it ? What's the name ? Where can you can one ( I'm on the west coast ) ? How much ? etc etc....

Please, I'm interested in any info you are willing to share...
Thankx
PLL

T

trish76642

That is a pretty cool treasure hunting vehicle John!

Their pretty expensive arent they? If you were to buy one new? I saw one around here for sale not to long ago, it wasnt a new one, it looked to be several years old, they wanted $4000.00 for it! I would of loved to have, but not for $4000.00 bucks and it wasnt as cool as Oscar!

SgtSki in MI

Oct 14, 2007
Hesperia, MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS & Explorer II, Fisher 1236-X2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

COOL!!!! When I was stationed at MCAS Iwakuni, Japan we had a little Daihatsu like that to run parts back and forth to supply. It was only 2WD though. Are those street legal in TN? I see them in the Auto Trader for Michigan but they say Off-Road use only, which leads me to believe that they're not street legal in MI. Too bad, because they'll go forever on a tank of gas.

In the background of this pic you can see my MD Vehicle (and everything else vehicle!) It's the red pickup in the background NOT the garden tractor!
070518071312.JPG

-SgtSki

OP
OP
john37115

john37115

Nov 8, 2007
Tennessee, USA
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, F75, Nautilus dmc IIb, Custom Soveriegn, Pro XL, Classic IV, IDX, Compass Gold Scanner Pro

Ashleen said:
That's so cool.
Good times there!
Nice going :)

But my old bones need some creature comforts :)
This was a state handicapped bus/thingy that Ralph got for 200 bucks at a state auction. It had a bunch of big seats and a lift thingy for wheelchairs.
He ripped it all out, put in a king sized bed (that's MORE comfortable then home,i swear) , tv/dvd. a kitchen, bathroom, heat/a/c. It's great, we love it. But, we don't do off roading. I like beaches, rivers, water :)

Sounds like you guys got a heck of a deal on the van. I would love to have something like that to do some long detectin trips to the beach. My wife is one who's not much for travel unless it includes an airplane and hotel rooms. LOL
I had a Bounder Motorhome and had to sell it because it scared her to death traveling and the wind hitting the thing--Oh well.

OP
OP
john37115

john37115

Nov 8, 2007
Tennessee, USA
Detector(s) used

pegleglooker said:
Hey All,
John37115, That is one COOL 4x4, do you have any info on it ? What's the name ? Where can you can one ( I'm on the west coast ) ? How much ? etc etc....

Please, I'm interested in any info you are willing to share...
Thankx
PLL

Check on ebay or local traders type publications. Theres alot of guys importing them. This one is a Suzuki Carry. I think Honda, Daihatsu and Toyota makes them also.

Tri$h said:
That is a pretty cool treasure hunting vehicle John!

Their pretty expensive arent they? If you were to buy one new? I saw one around here for sale not to long ago, it wasnt a new one, it looked to be several years old, they wanted $4000.00 for it! I would of loved to have, but not for $4000.00 bucks and it wasnt as cool as Oscar!

I think if you watch around you can pick an older one up for around $4000.00 and fix it up yourself. They range from $4000.00 to $8000.00 depending on their age and all the modifications thats been done to them. We done the camo and lift kit , ATV tires and built the rear bumper on this one ourselves. Not bad considering a common 4 wheeler runs $3000-$8000 and the kawasaki mule or John Deere gator which is not nearly as nice can run $8000-$13000.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That's AWESOME! That's one 4wheel that won't hurt ya at the gas pump! Nice work on the modifications, too!

OP
OP
john37115

john37115

Nov 8, 2007
Tennessee, USA
Detector(s) used

SgtSki in MI said:
COOL!!!! When I was stationed at MCAS Iwakuni, Japan we had a little Daihatsu like that to run parts back and forth to supply. It was only 2WD though. Are those street legal in TN? I see them in the Auto Trader for Michigan but they say Off-Road use only, which leads me to believe that they're not street legal in MI. Too bad, because they'll go forever on a tank of gas.

In the background of this pic you can see my MD Vehicle (and everything else vehicle!) It's the red pickup in the background NOT the garden tractor!

-SgtSki

They are not street legal. We checked with the local authorities and was told to put a Fluorescent Triangle on the back and we could drive it on the road like a farm vehicle without tags. Of course we live in a very small town and drive it on the road all the time. When we pass by the police they wave and smile...

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT

Well....the plane don't work anymore.
so I had to up grade. :happy1:

Attachments

• ride3.JPG
    ride3.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 523
  • ride2.JPG
    ride2.JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 518
  • Ride1.JPG
    Ride1.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 510

Mac232

Aug 18, 2007
Greasy Creek , TN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Here,s mine .

Attachments

• DSCF0470.JPG
    DSCF0470.JPG
    99.5 KB · Views: 545
OP
OP
john37115

john37115

Nov 8, 2007
Tennessee, USA
Detector(s) used

Ok now I thought I would post a pic of the big daddy treasure hunting vehicle. LOL I love this truck it is a 1993 Dodge D-350 with Cummings Diesel 4x4 and 5 speed. I had been looking for a low mileage one of these for years and finally found this one. I'm the second owner and it only has a little over 80,000 original miles. Hook it up and it'll bring it. 8) ... By the way that is my main THing buddy Sadie in the background.

Attachments

• DSCN1346.JPG
    DSCN1346.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 507

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

It gets me there fast. . . so I can spent more time hunting slow. . . 8)

Surtees.jpg

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other

mine is the grey ghost. an "86 ford f150. It's also my farm truck. we have a 67 bronco stump jumper, but it's not been out for a couple yrs.

junior967

Oct 11, 2005
Charlotte County, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Here is mine. Went from car shows to Treasure Hunting.

Attachments

• GaugeMagazine_Slamology_247.jpg
    GaugeMagazine_Slamology_247.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 443

Digger

Mar 24, 2003
Dodge City Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, E-Trac, Makro Racer 2, DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Here is my fast ride to metal detecting. It's my sleeper. Everyone knows these Camaros only have a V6 right! Hehe

frnt.jpg

OP
OP
john37115

john37115

Nov 8, 2007
Tennessee, USA
Detector(s) used

BuckleBoy said:
That's AWESOME! That's one 4wheel that won't hurt ya at the gas pump! Nice work on the modifications, too!

Thanks BB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread