Ushering in spring " American Revolutionary War style "

Mar 3, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 70 , Ace 250
Ushering in spring " American Revolutionary War style "

This is more of a motivational , historical , inspirational , educational etc etc ... event for those who have HBO ,and live in or around the 13 colonies . What period in American history do the majority of treasure hunters crave ? for all of use who are in the advance state of cabin fever syndrome , I think the HBO mini series " John Adams " which starts airing sunday at 8:00 pm est time is your motivational prescription to get your gear ready for the winter thaw :o . Newer movies etc etc , tend to portray historical customs and events more accurately then older films so I feel that many history buffs and treasure seekers will find valuable information on how our Great Country was founded , how individuals lived , Great battles etc etc .
I mean come on executive producer Tom Hanks ... one can visit http://www.hbo.com and preview the trailer, and read up on the series .

Digger

Mar 24, 2003
Dodge City Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, E-Trac, Makro Racer 2, DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Motivation For spring " American Revolutionary War Buff style "

I will definitely watch it even though I don't live near the 13 colonies area. John Adams was one of my ancestors.

gnewt

Jan 5, 2008
Tx/Al
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/ White
Re: Ushering in spring " American Revolutionary War style "

I enjoy all the Rev. war movies and books. I think everyone should be refreshed
on the heretage of this country. Every time you do, it makes you proud of the
ideas and determination those tough men had. Making this into a great nation in a short period. Their dream should become every Americans. Gnewt

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

From the younger Adams:

"You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it."

~ John Quincy Adams

Just playing around in some Revolutionary War reenacting and "experimental archeology" with the clothing and gear of the times I can attest to the deprivations the soldiers must have faced - especially in the winter. I can not imagine the hardiness these guys must have had to survive the winter in the footwear of the time. It takes me two weeks to "recover" from a weekend of wearing moccasins or "high/lows". These guys must have been wood from the knees down.

OP
OP

Mar 3, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 70 , Ace 250

Tonight's the Night :icon_pirat:

Attachments

• joinR.jpg
    joinR.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 134