Benefits from the Bank

acedigger

Aug 20, 2007
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, Ace 250
My sister in law works at the local bank and she comes across old money on occasion. I have her look for old currency and old coins. She has so far produced several old nickels, some other change, a 1963 $2, & a 1934 $20.
I am buying these at face value since thats what the banks can charge.
My question is should I offer a finders fee for these gals that are searching and keeping the money for me? They might look a little harder if they could make a little money.
Any ideas? ???

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
Good sign to go in and buy a few hundred dollars worth in diffrent denomination and start searching.
:whip2: Be nice to find a whole roll of silver half's.

OP
OP
acedigger

acedigger

Aug 20, 2007
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, Ace 250
Well I am training her on what to look for. I was too late cause about two months ago a lady came in and cashed some halves. Turns out they were a roll of Ben Franklins. Missed an opp. there but I am getting her trained.

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
acedigger said:
Well I am training her on what to look for. I was too late cause about two months ago a lady came in and cashed some halves. Turns out they were a roll of Ben Franklins. Missed an opp. there but I am getting her trained.

I don't know how long she has been working there.There might be some rolls sitting in the back just waiting to be found. :icon_sunny:

OP
OP
acedigger

acedigger

Aug 20, 2007
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, Ace 250
Shes been there for a little over a year. I'll ask her if they have any rolls in the vault. I do know its a small locally owned bank and they have to order for me even when I want a box of nickels so I doubt they have too much stockpiled. I might see her tonight and I'll ask. Good thought.

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Darn...yep, I though it maybe an older bank!!!
it would be a cool job, but I would go crazy and get fired for going throught all the coinzzz. :tongue3:

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good deal! If you want to give a finders fee, how about something like a gift certificate to the local ice cream place or coffee place, something close so they could use it on their break! HH, Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread