Whats the deal with lead seals?

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
The only thing I can think of is... the 50s and I think lead helps keep out radio active air.
The atom bomb... :dontknow: lead is no good either. :tard:

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hm, I'm not sure, perhaps you could post a picture, that would help us out a little

Thanks

PTP

OP
OP
jsu

jsu

Nov 29, 2007
NE Georgia
Detector(s) used
EAGLE II, TIGERSHARK, COMPADRE , MXT
Here are some pictures.As you can tell they are not very good quality.(I need a magnifying glass)the top two pictures are front and back of the one that says anheuser around the edge and brwc in the middle.There are other numbers or letters on the front and back but I can`t make them out.Also on the back you can see rust marks left by some kind of thin wire.jeff

Attachments

• HPIM1511.JPG
    HPIM1511.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 189
  • HPIM1512.JPG
    HPIM1512.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 202
  • HPIM1513.JPG
    HPIM1513.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 187
  • HPIM1514.JPG
    HPIM1514.JPG
    27.7 KB · Views: 189

Two Dogs

Aug 24, 2005
York, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Various models of White and Garrett
Lead seals were and still are used to deter tampering. For instance my water meter has a lead seal that prevents the removal of the device without breaking the wire. It doesn't prevent me from removing it, just lets the water company know that It has been removed. Google lead seals and you will see a bunch of them. 2dgs

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The picture proves my hunch, Two dogs is correct, the seals were used on kegs to ensure that they were not tampered with or that one beer was not swapped with another (i.e. budwieser with bud lite) (believe it or not that has happened. A distributor will run out of say bud, so he puts the bud cap on a bud lite keg, then sells it as bud.) The led seals where -placed over the tap spout to ensure that there was no funny business.

But this is pure speculation in that as a parson I do not indulge :angel12: :laughing7:

HH

PTP

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread