Is there any truth in the this the $3 million dollar question

strike it rich

Jun 19, 2007
Detector(s) used
Treasure baron with Goldtrax
Whilst in chat over the last week the rumour has been circurating that one lucky member of tnet has found gold or silver worth $3 million its driving me crazy trying to get anyone to confirm it.

But from the little info out there the person has the initials IS and 1715 a well known and thought of member.

but what ever your initials if youve hit the jackpot could you please give us all a sneak preview

I understand you may want to protect your privacy and finds but just a yes or no a few details would make my day.

on a final note do you think it would make the banner or not

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
if someone on here found 3 mil in gold they better keep quiet about it! it wouldnt be long before ol uncle sam was trying to take it away from them. ::)...mums the word. :-X

JOe L

Aug 24, 2007
Colonie, NY , That's around Albany
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I don't think I would be able to talk :icon_sunny: but, I wouldn't say a word either....Maybe after all the legal things were taken care off I may send out a little peep to my fellow MD'ers here though

Farmercal

Mar 20, 2003
Earth
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, X-Terra 70 & Excalibur 1000
IF someone found such a cache and went public, everyone that previously owned the land where it was found would come out the woodwork claiming that their great gran-pappy buried that money and that it rightfully belongs to them. This would tie it up in court forever and leave the happy hunter with nothing but court costs and headaches. So the right thing to do would be to KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT! Nuf said.

OP
OP
S

strike it rich

Jun 19, 2007
Detector(s) used
Treasure baron with Goldtrax
JoeSWFF said:
I don't think I would be able to talk :icon_sunny: but, I wouldn't say a word either....Maybe after all the legal things were taken care off I may send out a little peep to my fellow MD'ers here though
are you hinting you may be the $3 million dollar man if so best wishes

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We can figure it out by process of elimination. I can honestly say "it wasn't me". :happy3:

JOe L

Aug 24, 2007
Colonie, NY , That's around Albany
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
strike it rich said:
JoeSWFF said:
are you hinting you may be the $3 million dollar man if so best wishes

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, I wish....

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
nope it' s not I ----said --- Ivan Salis --- no 3 million -- at least not yet at -- as a matter of fact not one thin dime as of yet --- since I can not as of yet get salvage permits (from the state of florida) to legally harvest the shipwreck that I have found -- off amelia island ---(and I'm not fool enough to try it illlegally nor would I want anyone esle to mess with it --till I can get things lined up to harvest her legally ) --- in my veiw shes winner ---a 1715 era treasure fleet rescue and recovery bark that was loaded with valuible treasures recovered from the wrecks to the south and also VIP'S that had lived thru the 1715 treasure fleet's wrecking -- there is an excellent chance that it was loaded with choice treasures recovered from the fleet (the kings goods most likely-- hey looking out for ole #1 is nothing new) and VIP'S from the fleet recovery site down south, when she was sent onward to spain --- sadly for them they didn't get too far -- historical documents from the time by both the nearby spanish* and english govt officals show that she was lost --- ( the spanish doc's say ) 15 leagues * to the leeward ( at 2.6 miles per league thats 39 miles) / ( the english doc's say) about 40 miles to the northward of st augustine ---so 39 to about 40 miles to the north of St Augustine -- right in Nassau Sound , off of Amelia Island, Florida lies wreckage the "VIP rescue Bark / Royal Treasure recovery ship" ---which may very well have upon it many of the missing royal treasures the the queen wanted for her dowery. --- wink, wink-- nod, nod --- Ivan

read from the part --" that a barkalonga* "-- and you'll get my drift rather quickly) ---- ( ah ha -- clue #1 a BARKALONGA (bark) is not a NAO very differant class of vessel) --folks in the past thought / said it was the NAO SAN MIGUEL -- why they thought that is beyond me --( simple logic tells me that since clearly the bark was sent after the fleets wrecking ( since its recovering people and goods from the fleets wreck)--it can not be a part of the fleet of which there were no surviving vessels) --- plus the NAO SAN MIGUEL was recorded as being detached from Echeverz 's fleet while he was inbound and sent to havana, cubato load a very large amount of tabbaco --not exactly an item that would be worth treasure hunting all these years later --since she did not travel to the main treasure loading ports with Echeverz's main fleet most likely little if any of kings treasure was aboard her --although I sure that due to her long stay in havana that normal "smuggled" gold was aboard her -- just like the other 1715 vessels -- why would they think it was the NAO SAN MIGUEL --A RATHER WORTHLESS VESSEL MOST LIKELY TREASURE WISE -- when in fact it was much more valuible & smaller in size -- royal treasure recovery and VIP carrying bark-- frankly is baffling to me.

Attachments

• spotswood letter PS.jpg
    spotswood letter PS.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 215
  • spotswood letter PS.jpg
    spotswood letter PS.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 208

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread