Detector(s) used
ace 250

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2
How deep were the coins you found? Built in 1938, there has to be allot of junk build up since then. You may have to clean some of the junk out of the way to get to the good stuff. It could be masking good signals.

OP
OP
M

mensite

Mar 12, 2008
Detector(s) used
ace 250
the coins i found were 2to 4 inches deep.no deeper

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TNet mensite. I'm sure you don't want to hear this but, most of my old coins were found at 2 to 4 inches..on occasion a couple has been found at 5 to 6. I use the Ace 250 and a whites....and the ace will find the good stuff. If you are finding a lot of trash where you are checking it is a good possibility that the good things are masked by the junk. I use the sniper coil and it gets the good stuff in between the trash. You might want to think about getting one of those for the ace and not the larger coil..just my opinion..GL and HH.

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
Yes the bigger coil will help you go deeper and cover more ground.And if you search a day or two after a rain you maybe able to push it a little further. Also most detectors if you set it to all metal will also help with deeper object. If you are searching in disc mode and come across what appears to be trash with the ace....that signal maybe a deeper coin.

:read2:

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deeper coins often don't ID correctly, forget what your display says the target is. You will have to dig more trash to get the older deeper coins.

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
You are hunting with an entry level detector. Unfortunately there are older coins that are much deeper than you can hope to go with your detector. Now I realize that the Ace 250 is considered the Holey Grail of detectors but if you want to get the old, deep coins that haven't been found years ago you need to upgrade

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread