new leads to possible sites

funkman

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2006
Middletown, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro & Ace 250
One of my other hobbies is geocaching and my wife wanted to get into it as a hobby for her. Can't get her to metal detect for anything but if she would pick a hobby that we both could enjoy I am happy. Anyway we were checking out the descriptions of some on the geocaching website and one was near our house that looked promising. When I went to read the posts that other geocachers had wriiten describing the find I reaalized that this is a perfect spot to get out and metal detect. Here are two of the posts and you will see why I have to get to this site:

After driving right by the street leading to the primary parking location we made our way back and parked. The trail to the cache was quite interesting. It seems like it must have been a garbage dump of sorts at one time. There is quite a bit of broken glass, so be careful.

It was cold, with some snow cover when we visited. Saw a few deer, lots of old glass bottles, some broken china, a fairly new work boot; not your normal "trash." It made me wonder where it came from and who dumped it.

So according to these descriptions I can assume that someone used this as a dump site and there might be some goodies for me to grab...and also find the geocache as well. Checked to old maps from 1875 and saw that this was just a field owned by one person back then. His house was across the street and there was a building on the main road but that is all filled in now with modern houses. Most of the field is still there though and possibly was used back then for garbage dumping. Going to have to check that site out soon.
Just another source for us in getting new leads to sites to swing our coils.

HH

Funkman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread