Been waiting a long time, picked up my DFX today.

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Been waiting a long time, picked up my DFX today.

dfx is a sweet machine,congrats

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

White's Top of the Line!

Congrats on the machine and good luck in your hunting. Make sure that you post your finds with pictures :thumbsup:

HH

PTP

Historyhound

Nov 2, 2006
Schenectady New York
Detector(s) used
White's DFX

Great Machine! The main thing about the DFX is to have patience with it. If it's your 1st machine, it should be a bit easier to learn. But if you've had a different one and traded up, there is a learning curve. I went from the XLT to the DFX last year and was pretty frustrated most of the season. Now my only frustration is that it won't stop snowing and raining around here. GL with it.

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

congrats on your dfx.. I have one..still getting used to it..went from the m6 to the dfx..boy did I invent cuss words on that one.. but, each day I get better at it...

OP
OP
firedup

firedup

Jan 28, 2008
Detector(s) used
DFX ,Bullseye 2

Thanks for the encouragement everybody. the rain stopped for about a half hour, got to dig four holes, first hole glob of rust second hole 1979 dime third hole ,bic lighter top forth hole, rusty screw. had fun though :D :D :D :icon_study: :icon_study:

bedpanmoneyman

Jun 17, 2007
Lebanon, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX

You'll love the DFX. It was my first detector and I used the factory settings for about 3 months before I started playing with my own programs. It's like having a new machine everytime you change it. Just be patient. :) :)

DFX-SCOTT

Mar 18, 2008
Detector(s) used
WHITES DFX

YOUR DFX CAN BE TEN TIMES BETTER THAN THE FACTORY PRE SETTINGS!
MY DFX IS A TOTAL DIFFERENT MACHINE WHEN RUNNING IN MY CUSTOMIZED PROGRAM
IM NOT SAYING ITS THE BEST BUT WHEN I SWITCHED OVER TO FACTORY COIN SETTING, I WAS LIKE NO WAY!

WHAT I AM TRYING TO SAY IS YOUR DFX CAN GO FROM HAVING 100 HORSEPOWER IN FACTORY SETTINGS
500 HORSEPOWER WHEN ALL THE UPGRADES ARE ADDED.

OP
OP
firedup

firedup

Jan 28, 2008
Detector(s) used
DFX ,Bullseye 2

Dfx-scott Thanks for your response I just started two days ago and already things are starting to click, just going to take my timeand get to know my new Friend. Thanks again firedup

Digger

Mar 24, 2003
Dodge City Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, E-Trac, Makro Racer 2, DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Scott is right. The DFX's factory programs are very conservative. Some say too conservative, but for someone new to detecting, they are perfect. Some of the other high end detectors are far more aggressive and so out of the box have better performance, but they are also harder for someone new.

Whites chose to use very moderate factory programs to make the DFX easier to understand and more stable for the beginner. This is what makes the DFX a detector someone new can truly grow with.

OP
OP
firedup

firedup

Jan 28, 2008
Detector(s) used
DFX ,Bullseye 2

Digger Thanks for your oversight on the DFX. Its amazing, I'm glad the programs are as conservative as they are. It can be frustrating as well as thrilling, I'm glad I chose the DFX.

DFX-SCOTT

Mar 18, 2008
Detector(s) used
WHITES DFX

I guess i should add that in the factory preset coin mode, it doesnt chatter or beep unless you get a good strong target which is great for
begginers.
when I got my first Fischer 225DX I had discriminate turned all the way down and sensitivity all the way up, I was still new to metal detecting and that thing was going crazy and i instantly got sick. I thought it was broke.
So the factory preset coin mode on the DFX is actually perfect for new people

PS. becarefull how and where you dig this is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT!
WHEN YOU DIG IN GRASS TRY TO MAKE IT LOOK LIKE YOU WERE NEVER THERE
AND DONT LEAVE THE GARBAGE YOU DIG LAY ON THE GROUND PUT IT IN YOUR POCKET
GOOD LUCK I HOPE YOU FIND AN INDIAN HEAD PENNY, THEY ARE MY FAVORITE.
SCOTT

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX

Hey first I want to say I love your choice of names! Fired up...Fired up! That is fantastic and also what my sons football team always says in the huddle before the games in the summer, fall and so on. I use it in the forums too...Hey you got yourself a nice machine. The key...everyone is always looking for the key... I know the key get out and use it...learn it...have fun with it...and my no charge dfx special here goes....dig everything over 70.... my key numbers.... 14, 18, 20, 78, 79. 81, 83 just to name a few sweet spots on the dfx until you learn all the vdi readings and sounds with tone id on....dig everything...sure you will get tired of digging pulltabs, bottle tops, and memorial cents...but if you get out enough you will know what you are digging correctly around 90% of the time...

Read the manual...do not listen to those who say learning/reading is not important...these forums are gold! The experiences and knowledge are priceless...dig in and read... enjoy your new machine...some get carried away here...me included...but as long as you remember this is just a hobby you will always be having fun....enjoy best of luck and I am always open for questions pm me... I used my dfx over 500 hours last year and learned a few things... Gregg

lockman209

Jun 4, 2005
Chippewa Falls
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle SL II, Whites PRL-1, (3) Whites DFX's, Whites Coinmaster 4G, Whites Silver Eagle, 2010 Whites Coinmaster, Fisher 1212-X, Fisher 1225-X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The DFX will be my next machine sometime this year, unless Whites comes out with a better one lol

OP
OP
firedup

firedup

Jan 28, 2008
Detector(s) used
DFX ,Bullseye 2

DFX-SE Gregg Hey sorry it took so long to get back to you. Thanks for the good words. I know your right,This is a great little machine. I found my first pocket spill yesterday 3quarters,5dimes,4nickles,6pennies and 1 4.5mm rifle cartrage ( live ) I started trying a little prospecting today but it was a bad pain day and Easter to boot. I have been trying to listen to what the DFX is telling me and referring to the manual to confirm that I'm doing things properly. Thanks again. firedup

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX

firedup said:
DFX-SE Gregg Hey sorry it took so long to get back to you. Thanks for the good words. I know your right,This is a great little machine. I found my first pocket spill yesterday 3quarters,5dimes,4nickles,6pennies and 1 4.5mm rifle cartrage ( live ) I started trying a little prospecting today but it was a bad pain day and Easter to boot. I have been trying to listen to what the DFX is telling me and referring to the manual to confirm that I'm doing things properly. Thanks again. firedup

It sounds like you are doing it the right way...and a nice coin spill! I am going to send you a private message...take a look...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread