Buried cars and Flooded Work camp

Adamoffresno

Mar 17, 2008
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter land star
Buried car's and Flooded Work camp

Hello, I'm new here.

I wanted to post and see if anyone's Ever heard of buried car's?

I'm from fresno and i have this story i wanted to share with you all. Not to far from Where i live is a Graveyard that's over 150 year's old, i Came to find out that Some 30 year's ago a Worker there was given order's to fill in a Ditch Behind the graveyard that was starting to become a problem. In this ditch sat One Truck from the 1930's and two car's for the 1940's All buried under 5-6 feet of dirt. From what i was told that all of them were In ok shape. About 20 year's ago a farmer made his home on the lot were there buried in and his Barn is right on the spot where they are. Over time his Barn Has fallen down, When i asked to use My White's to see if i could get something at al he said no, That was a year ago and now he's moving away and the city is tearing down the house and everything there to make more room for the gaveyard. This has became a project now for me and my Buddy's to find the Old buried car's.

Another project that is on hold for us right now is to find a lost work camp That was near a dam being built back in the 50's, Story has it that it was a big camp for the worker's to live at while working on the dam. After the dam was done they flooded the river below whice flooded the camp site next to it and now is a small lake, Most of the worker's couldn't get to they thing's in time and lost alot of there stuff as story's i have heard. Also in this lake is the work truck's used to haul the men up to the top of the dam. I talked to one old timer who worked and lived there and he told me he lost Alot of his silver coin's from his pay.

This area is rich with Story's of lost loot and buried Rich's

That was my story, those are my project's. Thank you for reading.

Tommi

Sep 19, 2005
Australia
Detector(s) used
Famous-Trails-MD9100 ACE250-PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Buried car's and Flooded Work camp

Thanks for sharing, first of all welcome to Treasurenet.
Good luck with the dig, I have heard of some old cars buried too, US Army jeeps and Harly Davidson engines after WW2 here in Australia, it was common practice for whole cars/trucks to be disposed of in this way, even planes!

Have you snorkeled the Dam yet?

Take it easy,
Tom.

WV Hillbilly

Dec 8, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TIME RANGER CZ3D ACE 250

Welcome & thanks for posting . I may be totally wrong but it seems to me that vehicles buried for any
lenght of time would just be rusted hulks & why would they bury vehicles that were in OK shape . Also I
wonder about the camp being flooded so fast the workers couldn't get their personal belongings . That
doesn't seem logical to me . I'm sure the workers lost some coins & other things of interest but how do
you plan to get them off the lake bottom ? I'd like to hear what you think you might find & how you plan
on going about it . Good luck & keep posting .

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

i've heard of "quick"flooding like that,here in il,we've got Haigh Quarry.was just a regular quarry then they hit water,the thing flooded so fast they left alot of equipment down there.now its used for diving,no boats ,no fishing just diving,i got my open water cert there.i does happen

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread