Where would you live...

Ciilver

Tenderfoot
Mar 21, 2008
Hello everyone (new poster here),

I was wondering, if you had your choice, where would you move (live) so you can MD to your hearts content...(you don't have to worry about working or anything like that).

I just wonder where people would go...reading about laws restricting MDing, not interested in specific areas, just general places that you would live so you can get out as much as you wished...

MichiganRob

Jan 17, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
California gold country...the foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mountains. I'd be up and down every hoot and holler, river and stream within a 100 mile radius of my home daily. Gold is at $920 an ounce right now and some predict $1400 by the end of the year. The '49ers took a lot of gold out of the mother lode but they left far more behind than they took.

If I could leave my life behind and up and go I'd buy a 4 wheeler, the best gold detector and a good dog and go.

Welcome to Tnet
HH
MichiganRob

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You want relics, old coins, jewelry of gold nuggets?

I look at what Don in South New Jersey pulls out and I be thinking that place is a gold silver mine. Great old coppers, too.

The spots around Albany/Saratoga in NY where there were colonial settlements would be a good home base.

No one using coins lived hereabouts until the 1790's, and in my specific area there were no houses within miles until the 1980's. Limits the goodies in the yard.

OP
OP
C

Ciilver

Tenderfoot
Mar 21, 2008
Charlie P. (NY) said:
You want relics, old coins, jewelry of gold nuggets?

Thanks for the reply guys!

Charlie, I have been lurking for a bit and after reading some of the legal issues some areas have...I just wondered were would people move to so they could MD as much as they wanted...just kind of wishful thinking...

Myself, I live in the Seattle area and have thought about taking up the hobby, I could use the exercise for one thing and getting out of the house would be another (good) thing. As far as what I would like to find, hell anything old would be cool.

Silver Fox

Dec 8, 2007
New York City, USA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star
For old coins, the northeast, particularly New England. For ocean riches, near Sebastian Bay.

Outside of the U.S., England and all of those farmland caches from Roman times.

OP
OP
C

Ciilver

Tenderfoot
Mar 21, 2008
Shermanville...Gary Indiana? I thought I read that Indiana had the worst laws for THing... I would think detecting around those iron mills would drive one batty fighting the...well...Iron. But anyways...I am originally from Warsaw IN...glad to meet ya!

Silver Fox...I googled Sebastian Bay and came up with South Africa, I doubt if you mean there :) As far as England, wouldn't that be something...to find something to find a coin that old. I have a coin from Sweden (bought in a coin shop) from 1692...that is cooler than cool! Something that old yet looks so sharp!

Another reason I am asking this, I am getting myself set up so I can telecommute, so if and when that happens, well I can just about set up anywhere...

Again, appreciate the comments.

Silver Fox

Dec 8, 2007
New York City, USA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star
Ciilver said:
Silver Fox...I googled Sebastian Bay and came up with South Africa, I doubt if you mean there :)
Google "sebastian bay florida" (quote marks not necessary) and you'll find that the history of the area supports the so-called 1715 fleet sinking in nearby waters and detectorists find all kinds of fantastic finds to die for. If you watch a tv documentary about Sebastian Bay you'll see some of the fabulous finds, jewelry and coins, shown by the finders. Being there during or just after a hurricane is detectors' heaven.

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
I would love to live in my RV & go from coast to coast visiting historic sites along the way. what a great way to learn about our country & meet the wonderful folks living here. Use to want to walk across the country, with my old knees, I've upgraded to wheels

BARGuy

Jan 9, 2007
Out & About
Detector(s) used
White's 6000 Di Pro SL
Live out of my RV...Summers on the east coast after coins...Winters in AZ/NM/CA chasing legends!

metal chick

Mar 25, 2008
Hawaii! The weather is perfect - no snow, and I'd live out my days combing all the beaches that the tourists flock to.

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
My home base would be where I live now, but I do wish I had the money to pick up and travel on a whim.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread