Where would you vacation? [edit] Heading to Puerto Rico after all!!

ohiotech

Jan 4, 2007
Dayton, Ohio.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark with stock 8" and CSC
My wife and I started talking the other day about taking a summer trip. This trip was supposed to be back to Puerto Rico where we got married. She's now changed her mind and wants to go on a cruise.

She's primarily looking for a cruise/destination with ports o'call like Tortuga, New Providence, Port Royale, etc. I would love to be on beach soaking up the sun, or snorkeling, or better yet... detecting.

Does anyone have any suggestions where we could either find a destination port with some sailing to said ports, or a cruise that visits these ports, but with at least a day or two stay on a beach or area that allows some detecting? This might be our last vacation for some time, as we're likely to start planning on increasing mouths to feed in the household after this vacation.

Be well, and thanks in advance... Ohiotech

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Where would you vacation?

no PR,jeez bud sorry,i know you were pumped

OP
OP
O

ohiotech

Jan 4, 2007
Dayton, Ohio.
Detector(s) used

Yes, a bit of a downer. We're still talking about it, so we'll see.

SunCacheKid

Tenderfoot
Mar 20, 2008

Hi..."Sun" here.....I'm not sure your plans can be done the way you want??? We have been on 3 cruises and absolutely LOVE them! 2 to the Carribean and 1 to Alaska. They were on 3 different cruise lines and basically, they do not stay in a port for more than a day. And some days it would only be for 4-6 hrs. All of these cruises were 1 week cruises. But the only sure way to find out is to call a travel agency! We did our AFTER the mouths were fed!! :wink:

radarwill

Feb 8, 2008
Central MA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT

ohiotech said:
This might be our last vacation for some time, as we're likely to start planning on increasing mouths to feed in the household after this vacation.

Be well, and thanks in advance... Ohiotech

Sounds like quite a cruize.
P.S. Could you tell Issiac in the bar I said hello?
Thanks and have a good vacation.

OP
OP
O

ohiotech

Jan 4, 2007
Dayton, Ohio.
Detector(s) used

I love this woman, but I just don't know when she's messing with me.

Note that we work for the same company...
She came down to join me for coffee this morning and we briefly talked about bills, our kitchen remodel we're talking about for this summer, and a few other things. Work got in the way of our taking, and I had to talk on the phone while she piddled around in my office. What did she do? She erased her last taunt - (I have a whiteboard that said: 1 year down, forever to go). This has been up since February; our anniversary. Today?

Puerto Rico or Bust!

She also sent me a cartoon of a couple sitting up in bed. The husband, looking very disheveled, tells the wife "Let's try getting up every night at 2AM to feed the cat. If we enjoy doing that, we can talk about having a baby."

Now, without asking her... does this mean that the cruise is off and she's back on track for going to Puerto Rico? Does this mean the projects are off and that we should be concentrating on one last Hoorah! before we have a kid? If I ask her, she's likely to just give me "That LOOK", grit her teeth, slowly nod her head and sigh from the depths of her soul.

Bah, I hate hormones!

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11

Is it possible she might be pregnant?

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250

lol Pepper might have a point....hormones are much more prominent during pregnancy. :wink: Sounds to me like she is ready to go to Puerto Rico!! Quick...pack....before she changes her mind! lol Best of luck to you! Don't forget you have an obligation to bring back pictures for THIS family! :tongue3:

JOe L

Aug 24, 2007
Colonie, NY , That's around Albany
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Female Hormones =(say one thing, mean the other) OH BOY.. anyway,
caught on the Travel Channel last night the top 10 Caribbean Resort Destinations. Any woman would love you if you took them to one of the ten. WOW, Nice Places...

OP
OP
O

ohiotech

Jan 4, 2007
Dayton, Ohio.
Detector(s) used

No, she's not pregnant yet. Stop trying to rush me!

... and this is where I say... HOT DIGGITY DOG, WE'RE HEADED TO PUERTO RICO IN JUNE (ish)

CalvinDancing.gif

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions