First find for 2008

shane41

Sep 7, 2006
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 . Bounty Hunter, Vibra Probe 570 Garrett Pin Pointer AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well the snow is gone in Southern Wisconsin and today I went out to see how my new Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones worked and my Vibra pinpointer. Took a few minutes to get the head phones just right but after that all went well with my Bounty Hunter and new Christmas presents. Spent about an hr at a small park about 1 mile from the house.to check them out Here is a pic of my first find for 2008.
All clad 1 quarter - 5 dimes - & 16 pennies. plus a few junk pieces. The Virbra pinpointer really came in handy as the ground is still very wet . Wish I had something like this years ago. Goes a lot faster when you can pinpoint the coin. Lets hope the snow is gone till next winter . This year we ended up with a total of 96 inches of the White stuff. Shane

Attachments

• 1st find for 2008.jpg
    1st find for 2008.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 180

ZenAgain

Nov 2, 2007
Fort Polk LA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star, White's DFX, Bullseye 2
Bounty Hunters get a bad rap if you ask me. Recently upgraded to a DFX but I'm finding that with the exception of a few hoots' whistles and geegaws, there's really not a whole lot of difference. It's all about research if you ask me. Ask me!

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey thats a one-hitter,been a while since i saw one of those ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) :thumbsup:

OP
OP
shane41

shane41

Sep 7, 2006
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ZenAgain said:
Bounty Hunters get a bad rap if you ask me. Recently upgraded to a DFX but I'm finding that with the exception of a few hoots' whistles and geegaws, there's really not a whole lot of difference. It's all about research if you ask me. Ask me!
Had Boundty Hunters since the mid 70's . Never had a problem with any of them. I guess they do get a bad rap. But I am happy with mine. As long as they find the coins I will be happy with them.
About research I got permission from a friend of my brother. He lives in a house that's over 100 years old , plus a nice size yard to check . Can't wait till I get out there. All he wants is a 6 pack of Miller Lite LOL. Heck I will get him a 12 pack for that old of a place to check out. If I find anything I will post it. Thanks for the info.. Shane

DFX-SCOTT

Mar 18, 2008
Detector(s) used
WHITES DFX
yep that is a one hitter alright!
that would be cool to find.
try explaining that to a cop!
(honestly sir i found it!!)
still a neat find.

OP
OP
shane41

shane41

Sep 7, 2006
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DFX-SCOTT said:
still a neat find.
This may sound like a dumb question, but what is a "one hitter" is it some kind of pot pipe. My wife & I thought it was kind of metal screw ( thig a migi" lol That can tell you how much I know about one hitter's LOL.. I dug it out of the ground and just put it in my junk pouch.. Hope someone can fill me in what it is?? Thanks Shane

briankb70

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2008
river valley/ Fort Smith, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
white's DFX,Classic III, Prizim II
shane41 said:
DFX-SCOTT said:
still a neat find.
This may sound like a dumb question, but what is a "one hitter" is it some kind of pot pipe. My wife & I thought it was kind of metal screw ( thig a migi" lol That can tell you how much I know about one hitter's LOL.. I dug it out of the ground and just put it in my junk pouch.. Hope someone can fill me in what it is?? Thanks Shane
some unscrew so you can clean or replace the screen. You put a little weed in the wider end and your mouth on the curled end . As clean as it looks in the picture,you should be able to look at the left end as looking at your picture and see the sticky residue of burnt "weed" or canibis

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread