Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    us
    Sep 2006
    Wisconsin
    Ace 250 . Bounty Hunter, Vibra Probe 570 Garrett Pin Pointer AT PRO
    349
    66 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    First find for 2008

    Well the snow is gone in Southern Wisconsin and today I went out to see how my new Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones worked and my Vibra pinpointer. Took a few minutes to get the head phones just right but after that all went well with my Bounty Hunter and new Christmas presents. Spent about an hr at a small park about 1 mile from the house.to check them out Here is a pic of my first find for 2008.
    All clad 1 quarter - 5 dimes - & 16 pennies. plus a few junk pieces. The Virbra pinpointer really came in handy as the ground is still very wet . Wish I had something like this years ago. Goes a lot faster when you can pinpoint the coin. Lets hope the snow is gone till next winter . This year we ended up with a total of 96 inches of the White stuff. Shane
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1st find for 2008.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	34.3 KB 
ID:	194844  

  2. #2

    Feb 2007
    Bradenton, Fl
    ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac
    7,499
    565 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

    Re: First find for 2008

    Love the vibraprobe too! Keep hunting.
    Debby

  3. #3
    us
    Nov 2007
    Fort Polk LA
    Bounty Hunter Land Star, White's DFX, Bullseye 2
    137

    Re: First find for 2008

    Bounty Hunters get a bad rap if you ask me. Recently upgraded to a DFX but I'm finding that with the exception of a few hoots' whistles and geegaws, there's really not a whole lot of difference. It's all about research if you ask me. Ask me!
    Dig.......and run. :P

  4. #4
    us
    Jan 2006
    DUI
    2,295
    18 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Re: First find for 2008

    hey thats a one-hitter,been a while since i saw one of those
    the dreams of the young are the regrets of the old

  5. #5
    us
    Feb 2008
    river valley/ Fort Smith, Arkansas
    white's DFX,Classic III, Prizim II
    1,120

    Re: First find for 2008

    Quote Originally Posted by bomber
    hey that's a one-hitter,been a while since i saw one of those
    or another name, we called it a pinch hitter .popular with protesters,politicians and headbangers but what do i know >Never touched the stuff
    I quit smoking 2/26/08
    cleaning  Earth 1 pulltab at a time.

  6. #6
    us
    Sep 2006
    Wisconsin
    Ace 250 . Bounty Hunter, Vibra Probe 570 Garrett Pin Pointer AT PRO
    349
    66 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Re: First find for 2008

    Quote Originally Posted by ZenAgain
    Bounty Hunters get a bad rap if you ask me. Recently upgraded to a DFX but I'm finding that with the exception of a few hoots' whistles and geegaws, there's really not a whole lot of difference. It's all about research if you ask me. Ask me!
    Had Boundty Hunters since the mid 70's . Never had a problem with any of them. I guess they do get a bad rap. But I am happy with mine. As long as they find the coins I will be happy with them.
    About research I got permission from a friend of my brother. He lives in a house that's over 100 years old , plus a nice size yard to check . Can't wait till I get out there. All he wants is a 6 pack of Miller Lite LOL. Heck I will get him a 12 pack for that old of a place to check out. If I find anything I will post it. Thanks for the info.. Shane

  7. #7

    Mar 2008
    WHITES DFX
    132

    Re: First find for 2008

    yep that is a one hitter alright!
    that would be cool to find.
    try explaining that to a cop!
    (honestly sir i found it!!)
    still a neat find.

  8. #8
    us
    Mar 2008
    nw pa
    bounty hunter sharp shooter 11
    209
    2 times

    Re: First find for 2008

    lol

  9. #9
    us
    Sep 2006
    Wisconsin
    Ace 250 . Bounty Hunter, Vibra Probe 570 Garrett Pin Pointer AT PRO
    349
    66 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Re: First find for 2008

    Quote Originally Posted by DFX-SCOTT
    yep that is a one hitter alright!
    that would be cool to find.
    try explaining that to a cop!
    (honestly sir i found it!!)
    still a neat find.
    This may sound like a dumb question, but what is a "one hitter" is it some kind of pot pipe. My wife & I thought it was kind of metal screw ( thig a migi" lol That can tell you how much I know about one hitter's LOL.. I dug it out of the ground and just put it in my junk pouch.. Hope someone can fill me in what it is?? Thanks Shane

  10. #10
    us
    Feb 2008
    river valley/ Fort Smith, Arkansas
    white's DFX,Classic III, Prizim II
    1,120

    Re: First find for 2008

    Quote Originally Posted by shane41
    Quote Originally Posted by DFX-SCOTT
    yep that is a one hitter alright!
    that would be cool to find.
    try explaining that to a cop!
    (honestly sir i found it!!)
    still a neat find.
    This may sound like a dumb question, but what is a "one hitter" is it some kind of pot pipe. My wife & I thought it was kind of metal screw ( thig a migi" lol That can tell you how much I know about one hitter's LOL.. I dug it out of the ground and just put it in my junk pouch.. Hope someone can fill me in what it is?? Thanks Shane
    some unscrew so you can clean or replace the screen. You put a little weed in the wider end and your mouth on the curled end . As clean as it looks in the picture,you should be able to look at the left end as looking at your picture and see the sticky residue of burnt "weed" or canibis
    I quit smoking 2/26/08
    cleaning  Earth 1 pulltab at a time.

 

 

Sponsors

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.3