Whites "PHANTOM" Detector DOES Exist!

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whites "PHANTOM" Detector DOES Exist!

Hey all my Tnet friends! I had the pleasure to see a prototype of Whites new $2000 machine. Its the new Whites PI and it is a land machine although I am sure that it can be used for the water as well. It looks like a Nautilus alittle and has a light grey box. This machine LITERALLY raked in the relics last weekend. The depth on it was unbelievable and it made all the difference in the world as the user easily scored a much higher take of relics, buttons, and bullets than any of the other machines. It will be in production I hear by next year and boy is it a awesome detector!!!

ZenAgain

Nov 2, 2007
Fort Polk LA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star, White's DFX, Bullseye 2
Re: Whites "PHANTOM" Detector DOES Exist!

From all of the threads I've read about it, it's sounding like a great cache hunting machine. VIVA LA REVOLUCTION!!!

madmacabre

Mar 9, 2008
Rhode Island

this might be a dumb quest but is this machine built for just relics or is it the replacement for the dfx? :icon_jokercolor:

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

And another question for those that know...weren't the PI machines deeper but limited by mineralization?

Maybe some new circuitry made them more capable.
Al

bakergeol

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2004
Colorado
Detector(s) used
GS5 X-5 GMT

deepskyal said:
And another question for those that know...weren't the PI machines deeper but limited by mineralization?

Maybe some new circuitry made them more capable.
Al

Actually they are deeper because they can handle mineralization better than VLFs. I believe the success of that Pulsescan user at that relic hunt was because mineralization limited the depth on regular VLFs.

No It is not a replacement for the DFX. You would have to have accurate TID and discrimination. Some PIs have iron ID such as the GS5 and the Infinium but they are not on par as the VLFs. Uses would be gold prospecting, relic hunting and beach hunting. If someone did produce a PI with TID and accurate discrimination it would be the next step up in technology.

I heard Whites has just completed another long term Research and Development project and I wonder if it will be a replacement for the DFX? But who knows?

George

OP
OP
{Sentinel}

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Actually they are deeper because they can handle mineralization better than VLFs. I believe the success of that Pulsescan user at that relic hunt was because mineralization limited the depth on regular VLFs.

You are EXACTLY right. All the VLF detectors were getting hardly ANY depth at all. Put it this way. I scanned a spot when I first got there and got no signals....and I use a 10x14 Excelerator Coil on my MXT. Went back to the same spot the next day and dug it out and there were Eagle buttons and pewter pants buttons popping out all around that hole at only 3-4inches.

coingairl300

Mar 17, 2008
Warren county NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

HI
Sounds like a good detector to me. How well dos it track the ground?

Priscilla

OP
OP
{Sentinel}

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

coingairl300 said:
HI

Priscilla

Apparently it did outstanding because I saw the guys take and it was phenomenal. It was the HOTTEST ground I have ever hunted and he cleaned house and got down DEEP!!

coingairl300

Mar 17, 2008
Warren county NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

{Sentinel} said:
coingairl300 said:
HI

Priscilla

Apparently it did outstanding because I saw the guys take and it was phenomenal. It was the HOTTEST ground I have ever hunted and he cleaned house and got down DEEP!!

WOW COOL! I want one! :blob7:

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH

Oh man, the hype has started! ;D :wink:

I hope you are right. It would take metal detecting to the next level!

Bob

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS

where and when can I get one? LOL

Massbaycolonist

Apr 15, 2006
Massachusetts

{Sentinel} said:
Hey all my Tnet friends! I had the pleasure to see a prototype of Whites new $2000 machine. Its the new Whites PI and it is a land machine although I am sure that it can be used for the water as well. It looks like a Nautilus alittle and has a light grey box. This machine LITERALLY raked in the relics last weekend. The depth on it was unbelievable and it made all the difference in the world as the user easily scored a much higher take of relics, buttons, and bullets than any of the other machines. It will be in production I hear by next year and boy is it a awesome detector!!!
Great! We'll all be able to dig trash at two feet down!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions