GADSDEN, ALA.
Detector(s) used
All White's Detectors MXT and IDX_pro, ANY OLD DETECTOR WILL DO
I TRIED A FEW YEARS AGO, AND IT NEVER GOT OFF THE GROUND, HAD
SOME PEOPLE INTRESTED IN JOINING, BUT NEVER CAME TO MEETINGS,
OUTINGS, ETC...I'VE SINCE BECAME A SOLO EXPLORER, I DON'T MINE ALL
LEG WORK INVOLVED TO KEEP A CLUB TOGATHER. I JUST NEED HELP IN
THE POLITICS THAT SURROUND A CLUB, MEETINGS, OUTINGS,MEMBERSHIP
ANY VEIWS THAT YOU HAVE WOULD HELP GREATLY.

WHAT IS THE BASIC FORMAT FOR A CLUB.
HOW MANY MEMBERS IN THE CLUB.
DO YOU NEED A PRESIDENT ? WHY

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
If you are going to have an actual club it is best to have a president if for no other reason than to keep meetings on track so that everything gets covered. Seems if you do not then everyone gets to yakking amongst themselves and nothing gets done or one or two folks will dominate the meetings and can talk circles all night. lol You can always start with just a couple of folks and go do stuff you want to do together then as others are interested in joining you then just add them in to the mix. I actually prefer small clubs but that is just me. It is fun to have big groups sometimes too. Maybe the best thing is to find someone that is an officer in a club and put your heads together with them as to what works for their club and maybe even how it got started. They would be a wealth of information and believe me...in a group as big as here at tnet you are bound to find many that are knowledgable on the subject. :wink: Best of luck to you!

OP
OP
mlhudson

mlhudson

Mar 19, 2006
GADSDEN, ALA.
Detector(s) used
WHEN I DONE THIS BEFORE I WAS JUST GETTING IN METAL DETECTING, THIS HAS BEEN FIVE YEARS AGO NOW. I SEE MORE PEOPLE FROM MY STATE ON HERE
NOW THAN BEFORE, SOME CONTACT ME TO GET TOGATHER, BUT FINDING TIME
RIGHT NOW IS AN ISSUE, WORK RELATED. THE REASON I SAID THAT ABOUT THE " PRESIDENT " IS IT SEEMS THAT WOULD BE THE OVERLORD POSTITION..
I LIKE THE SMALL CLUB FORMAT.

handy

Mar 11, 2008
nw pa
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 11
OVERLORD POSTITION lol just had to put my 2 cents in on that :icon_jokercolor: :icon_jokercolor: :icon_jokercolor: :icon_jokercolor:

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
mlhudson,

agree that the, "SMALL CLUB FORMAT."

I'm the president of my club; first rule I passed
was: "no other members needed." :wink: ;D

have a good un.......
SHERMANVILLE

OP
OP
mlhudson

mlhudson

Mar 19, 2006
GADSDEN, ALA.
Detector(s) used
give me a call this week we'll talk about doing that.tried some time back, you know the rest.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Having been past-president of a brick-&-mortor club, my answer to "how hard is it?" is a factor of how plentiful are the finds/goodies in your area? If the pickens are easy, then you'll have no problem with attracting folks to join a club. If the pickens are hard-worked (ie.: only aces do good any more these days) then it will be hard to make a club. You gotta figure, not everyone is a "club" type. So for every person doing good, only every other would actually commit to join a club. So the better the pickens are, the better your odds of getting a club going. And by "pickens", I don't mean sandbox stuff, but actual old coins, etc....

Jeff In North Georgia

Aug 23, 2006
Suwanee, Georgia
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Fisher F75+
I'm the VP of our local club. We have most of our club forms / documents as Word or Excel files. If you need something to work from, I could send you the files. You can edit them to your needs. May save you some work.

Yes, it's best to have officers to keep things running smoothly and to take on the work of keeping the club running but we allways have trouble filling some of the positions each year.

Jeff

OP
OP
mlhudson

mlhudson

Mar 19, 2006
GADSDEN, ALA.
Detector(s) used
IF YOU WOULD , SEND THOSE FORMS FOR ME LOOK OVER. THANKS FOR THE HELP.....

M L HUDSON

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
why not have a group a guys(gals)to go out with without the term"club"we normally have 4-9 guys at anytime(i usually do the legwork)but as far as presidents and vp's,we don't need them

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread