MY 2 YEAR OLD GIRL BROKE HER LEG!

DFX-SCOTT

Mar 18, 2008
Detector(s) used
WHITES DFX
HI EVERYONE,
FRIDAY I WAS POSTING ON TREASURE NET ABOUT A CEMETARY TOPIC WHEN MY LITTLE GIRL,
2 YEARS OLD, ALMOST 3 JUMPED OFF A 26 INCH NIGHT STAND NEXT TO ME!

I HEARD A SNAP, AND SHE WAS DOWN! PAIN!
I STABLIZED HER HOPING SHE WOULD BE OK BUT BY THE WAY SHE WAS SHAKING AND RED IN THE FACE
I NEW SHE BROKE HER LEG.

I CANCELLED MY POST, DISCONNECTED FROM INTERNET, AND GOT HER TO THE IMMERGENCY ROOM,
WHEN THE DOCTOR SEEN HER REACTION TO HER LEG , HE SAID , ITS BROKE,

WELL THE X-RAY SHOWED IT , HER SHIN BONE , TIBIA WAS COMPLETLY BROKE IN TWO, SPIRAL FRACTURE.
SOME TIMES I WONDER WHY GOD ALLOWS THIS TO HAPPEN.
I HATE THAT A BABY GIRL HAS TO EXPERIENCE SUCH INTENSE PAIN!
BUT SHE IS DOING OK , TOMORROW SHE GETS HER PERMANENT CAST.
I HAVE BEEN TREATING HER LIKE A QUEEN!
CANT BELEIVE A JUMP FROM A 2 FOOT STAND COULD SNAP HER BONE!

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DS I am so sorry... it hurts god awful to see your own child in pain... I hope all goes well tomorrow getting the cast put on.. bless her lil soul.....

jorge del norte

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2005
nc
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex - Tesoro Conquistador Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i feel for you, my son broke his nose last year.......and it is not fun to see the little ones in such situations.....

hope she gets well soon.

Geo

bluestem

Jun 11, 2007
I'm so sorry that happened. I'll be thinking about her and sending cyber hugs. Did she land in a really strange way?

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
I'm so sorry to hear this. I will pray she mends quickly. Try not to blame yourself. Children climb, and, jump. That is a part of being a child. My baby sister and I jumped out of a hayloft when we where little, trying to see if we could fly. I got a badly sprain ankle, and she ended up with two badly sprain ankles. God bless your baby girl.

Pepper

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bless Her! Give her hugs and kisses from her T-Net family! Its rougher when they are so little and hurt!

JOe L

Aug 24, 2007
Colonie, NY , That's around Albany
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
So sorry to hear and hope all goes well. when my daughter was small the worst thing in the world is when their hurt.
Take care of her and remember, 2 yr olds will heal allot better than us old folk.

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
did the dr. mention anything about a bone cist ? my son went to a wrestling tournament last year, and during his match he took a couple of steps backwards, planted his leg and the thigh bone snapped. Dr. said it was caused by a bone cist.
I hope your daughter heals up quick, they usually do
Good luck

Sniffer

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Sorry to hear about this...poor baby....hope she mends well and you just keep treating her like a little Princess.
Pepper....Are you my sister? Because we jumped out of the hayloft trying to fly also....

thompy

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2005
Menominee, Michigan
Detector(s) used
T-2,
sorry about your daughter, was at a buddys house when his 2 yr broke here leg, that really sux, when she recieved her cast you would never know she broke a limb, just had to keep a eye on here to slow here down, i would imagine beeing a high break would be much worse on your daughter, as far as mobility . hope she heals quickly

briankb70

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2008
river valley/ Fort Smith, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
white's DFX,Classic III, Prizim II
DFX-SCOTT said:
CANT BELEIVE A JUMP FROM A 2 FOOT STAND COULD SNAP HER BONE!
My Little sister when she was around that age fell out of a tiny prescool chair and broke her collar bone.
Then after that healed she kept trying to follow me up a tree.
My mother always told me to "watch out for your little sister" so i climbed down to show her how to climb up.
She followed me out on a limb and I dropped down to do it all over again .she couldn't hang on with her little hands
and fell only to break her arm. And my parents call me "accident prone". ;D
There's two types of people in the world, Ones that hang on to the railing, and ones that don't and think that rules are made to be broken.
Sounds like she's the latter.All the people that are in the latter are adrenaline junkies(Firemen, Policemen, SkyDivers,Rock Climbers,etc... and some not so great, Bank Robbers,and the such.
Is she handling it like a trooper? Hope she gets better soon.
I'm also the latter, Ex Fireman (rescue wagon) Repeler,Rock Climber,Diver,Boxer.
My parents had their hands full(glad she was an R. N.)(I always had stitches though)
Hope she doesn't worry ya'll like I did mine 2 is along way from 18.

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
ouch! poor baby!! Sure glad you were close by and reacted so quickly and are taking care of her so well...what a miserable thing to go through! :'(

Diggerbarns

Oct 30, 2007
My heart goes out to you too.I have 3 kids all young,and I would rather suffer than see them sick or hurt.Kids have no fear they will jump,climb without regard for safety.I caught my daughter climbing the dresser drawers like a ladder and there was a tv on top.It could have toppled over and crushed her.Good luck with the leg,and I hope it heals quickly.summer is comming :)

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So sorry to hear this. Show her this little bunny "get well", I think she will laugh to see the bunny with the same problem.

getwell2.jpg

Attachments

• getwell2.jpg
    getwell2.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 440
OP
OP
DFX-SCOTT

DFX-SCOTT

Mar 18, 2008
Detector(s) used
WHITES DFX
THANK YOU EVERYONE!
SHE IS FINALLY GETTING BETTER.
TOMORROW SHE GETS HER CAST ON.
SHE HAITS DOCTORS.
NO BONE SPURS, I SAW THE X- RAY, CRAZY!
WE HAVE NOT BEEN ALLOWED TO WATCH REGULAR TV FOR 4 DAYS!!!!!
DORA THE EXPLORER.
DORA THE EXPLORER
DORA DORA DORA
DORA THE EXPLORER!!!!!!!!!!
ITS ON NOW!! IT HELPS KEEP HER HAPPY!
SHE CAN SAY HER ABC S AND COUNT TO 100 THANKS TO DORA FINDING THOSE 100 KEYS AND SAVING THOSE
100 PUPPYS FROM THE POUND!!!
SHE IS GOING TO BE OK, THANKS EVERYBODY!\

THANK YOU FOR THE BUNNY RABBIT!!!!! I SAVED IT AS THE BACK GROUND TO MY DESK TOP!
SHE HASNT SEEN IT YET BUT I KNOW WHAT SHE IS GOING TO SAY, (OH MY GOSH)!

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks to Dora my youngest grandson who has some disabilites .... he could count in Spanish to ten and knew several words before he strted school, if you dont have it get the movie "CARS" my grandkids copy is wore out and when hr was in the osp. (another thread) nurses thought we were crazy LIFE IS A HIGHWAY OVER and over and over but it kept him happy! That and the memory game!

She will heal up real fast! The hard part is trying to keep her down!

S

stefen

After she gets casted, buy her a ice cream cone for me :thumbsup:

They always seem to get better really fast when treated with a cone.

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so sorry to hear about your little girl we wish her a speedy recovery.

A guy at work has 4yr old twin boys last year they were at a pot luck at the church and one of the boys was walking across the floor and passed a table with a table cloth hanging to the floor he just tripped over it and broke his leg. They went to the doctor and the doctor did not believe the story and reported him. He had cps at his door and walking around talking to his neighbors. You have to understand these folks couldn't have kids so they are inveto and the guy does not even let the kids ride bikes the are so over protective. It was a big ordeal with cps even though about 60 people from the church seen what happened and told cps what happened. But it was really a freak accident.

God watches over the idiots cause I came home one day to my kids jumping off the roof of the house onto the trampoline...they are so lucky they did not break anything.

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I beleive it a bout 3 yrs ago youngest grandson was at pot luck at church he was 4 then food was on the stage about 3 foot high stage he has eye problems and he fell off stage did not relize for a while he had a skull fracture, thankfully the Dr,. knew family well enough he did not call police!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions