Detector(s) used
whites-DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View full size

IN LOVING MEMORY

Judy (Leona) Peel
November 25, 1939 - April 11, 2008

On April 11, 2008, with her daughter Jennifer by her side, Judy Peel, a beautiful soul, passed from this life to the next, peacefully and comfortably with the assistance of wonderful angels from hospice. She is survived by her immediate family, Laura Murphy-Hollinshead, Jennifer Murphy-DeVries, Lisa Murphy-Taylor, Christopher Murphy, Stephen Murphy and David Murphy, all of their wonderful and loving spouses and her precious thirteen "beautiful flowers" grandchildren.

Judy spent the last 15 years of her life back in Chicago. It was a rebuilding of sorts after she had championed an illness with alcoholism. She was very proud to have lived a sober life for over 15 years and would always reach out to anyone in need.

Judy spent several years working as a manager at Cafe Avante in Chicago. There she would meet a wonderful group of friends that became an extended family to her. The friends at Cafe Avanti knew her for her always inspiring words, her love for crossword puzzles (especially NY Times) and books, and her determination to foam the best latte ever.

When it was time to move on from the cafe, Judy spent her last working years using her skills as a nurse at Misericordia, assisting adults with developmental disabilities. She fell in love with each and every one of the people she cared for and always treated them as her own. At Misericordia she also had a wonderful extended family of friends that she will miss dearly.

Judy experienced some tough challenges over the years and always managed to hold her head high, never complained, and never lost sight of the humor in life.

By request, Judy did not want a service. Instead we would like to invite you to join her family and friends in burning a candle at your home or wherever you choose, on Tuesday, April 15th after 7:00 pm. This candle light vigil is something she would love. Remember thoughts of Judy, say prayers, sing songs, think beautiful thoughts, or just tell the people that you love that you love them.

Please pass this along to anyone that you feel might want to join us in burning a candle to remember a wonderful person, a great friend, and a loving mother.

Thank you

Attachments

• sympathy_candle.gif
    sympathy_candle.gif
    33.6 KB · Views: 311
  • CB067763.jpg
    CB067763.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 351
  • cancer_awareness_magnet.jpg
    cancer_awareness_magnet.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 158
  • 8PgMfDmV1bw3iyFKwsCZXVunWgKEaGJ601C6.jpg
    8PgMfDmV1bw3iyFKwsCZXVunWgKEaGJ601C6.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 356
  • sympathy_candle.gif
    sympathy_candle.gif
    33.6 KB · Views: 312
  • CB067763.jpg
    CB067763.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 360
  • cancer_awareness_magnet.jpg
    cancer_awareness_magnet.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 156

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
My condolence over your loss. Your mother sounds like a remarkable woman. My prayers are with you, and all who loved her.

Pepper

ryaan21

Apr 17, 2007
Gladstone, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 Garrett GTAx 550, Teknetics Delta 4000, Teknetics T2, Teknetics Omega 8000, Garrett AT Pro, Whites Coinmaster GT, Fisher CZ70 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im sorry for your loss. I am lighting a candle right now at 7:26 pm. To know your mom overcame some adversity and helped others makes me realize that there is a light at the end of the tunnel no matter what the issue is. Thank you for sharing this small bit of your mother's life with us.

Ryan.

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So very sorry for you loss your mother sounds like a very wonderful person and the picture is beautiful, prayers on the way from our to your family!

stanjam

Mar 23, 2008
Springfield, MA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Sorry for your loss. I know how you are feeling. My daughter called me yesterday to tell me that her mom, my wife (we had been separated for many years) died on Thurs morning. She aspirated in her sleep and died on the way to the hospital.

My best wishes to your family.

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
to those who have passed before us, we will never forget and always remember,
therefore you will never be forgotten

my heart goes out to you and yours

Sniffer

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please except my deepest condolence to yourself and family.

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Just saw this post... Sorry for not only your loss but for the loss of all that knew your mother. This posts shows your obvious love for your mother and hopefully great memories exist. Good luck with everything and you know your mother would be proud of you taking the time to post this..... Gregg

bbqbull

Oct 31, 2006
Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X 70
Im so sorry for your loss.
Thoughts and prayers sent froum our family to yours.She was a remarkable lady.
She will be missed here on earth but now she is at peace in heaven!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread