Whites Prizm III settings

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Re: White's Prizm III settings

on your repeatables, you might be getting hot rocks. slow down your sweeps to about 1 second side to side and dig everything with a good signal, ignore the chirps unless it's repeatable

Skillets

Mar 6, 2007
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hi LRB, I use the Prizm II and they say it's a "turn it on and go" machine, but I like to kick the discrimination notch up once more to keep out pulltabs and foil. Of course, alot of people here will say nooooo, don't do that! Because you could miss out on nickels and rings....well, I will say that if I'm in what seems to be a clean area with not much trash, I just turn it on and go.

A couple of things I have learned about the Prizm, true at least for my machine:

-if the arrow jumps around, it is trash 99% of the time.
-if the arrow stays firmly on the penny indicator, damn straight you've got yourself a penny. Actually, that goes for the dime and quarter indicator as well.
-Large trash will register as a quarter/half dollar. I've dug up so many old, flat aluminum cans as I envisioned a shiny coin popping out annnny minute....
-If the signal is strong in both swipe directions, DIG IT, obviously.

One thing I'm starting to realize as my hours of digging experience build, a pinpointer is essential....I must get a pinpointer.

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS

bullseye II is a good one, only drawback, the switch is kind of weak, but great warranty service

EasyMoney

Sep 15, 2007
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primarily my Fisher cz-70 and Compass Relic & Coin, plus many others

I have a Prism III and they love smnall linear scrap, as in wire and nails, and they will be repeatable signals too. After awhile you get used to it, somewhat..

OP
OP
L

LRB76

Tenderfoot
Jan 3, 2008
middle Tennessee

Thanks for the tips. I too need a pinpointer. I don't get alot of time to spend detecting so I want to make the most of it. I have also found that if it says it's a penny it always is.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread