Mysterious flat rock in the mountains

Lt2210

Apr 23, 2008
I am looking for information about a story a heard long ago. It involves someone hiding a flat rock with initials on it somewhere in a mountain region in the United States. I'm sorry I can't provide any more details then that, but I heard the story when I was about 10 years old. I know I saw something about it on TV at that time because the show focused on a man who had searched for this rock for several years. In fact, there was an interview with the man who hid the rock. He said he had gone back to the location recently (at the time of this interview 30 years ago!) and the rock was still there.

Basically, I'm just trying to remember the story. It's one of those things that gets in my head and bugs me!
Thank you.

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Well I sure hope someone remembers something about this story to put your mind at rest. Apparently we are about the same age and I did not watch much tv back then. I have not heard the story...sounds interesting though.....do you remember why he had hidden the rock? Hopefully it will jog someone's memory and they can help ya out! By the way....Welcome to Tnet!

bradyboy

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2007
Clearwater, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didn't Clint Eastwood do that in one of his movies, a name written on a rock of a guys name in the cemetery

OP
OP
L

Lt2210

Apr 23, 2008
This was 30 years ago, but I thought I saw it on a TV show called "That's Incredible" or "Ripley's Believe it or Not!" I am thinking that it is supposed to be somewhere in the NW United States.

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know this isn't the rock you are seeking , but I am!

I remember watching Unsolved Mystery's about 5 years ago and there where some man I think in the region of Oregon, Washington States somewhere I think in the West Coast region, was in real bad finacial situations and went from job to job adn was about to lose everything. Well one day he and his young son, (about 8 or 9 I guess), went out to some creek not far from where they lived and was walking and checking the area out and found a fairly good size rock in the creek that had some type of writing all over it, (the writing that was not anything he recongnized on this earth or what he could research after getting home), he said he felt something weird about the rock, he took some pictures of it when he first saw it, and then he and his young son left and went home. Shortly after after that things started to change for the good for him as far as job, finances and such, and one other time after he told some people about the rock, he and several went back to see it and he could never find it again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread