Mow to detect

Dave45

Dec 31, 2004
The Lone Star State
I found an old vacant house that Ive been wanting to detect ,met the owner today he was cleaning the yard getting ready to mow I made a deal Id mow the yard to detect it.
I'll take my rider over mow the yard in about 30 min real low and hunt the property. I told him I'd mow it all summer every time I mow I get to hunt , cant wait.
I know of a couple of more i might try.
Dave

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thats one great idea...best of luck to ya.

WV Hillbilly

Dec 8, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TIME RANGER CZ3D ACE 250
If you can mow it in 30 minutes it's a fairly small area . Unless you've lucked into a real hot-spot
I'd say if you agreed to mow it all summer , the owner got a good deal . Good Luck

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dave45 said:
I found an old vacant house that Ive been wanting to detect ,met the owner today he was cleaning the yard getting ready to mow I made a deal Id mow the yard to detect it.
I'll take my rider over mow the yard in about 30 min real low and hunt the property. I told him I'd mow it all summer every time I mow I get to hunt , cant wait.
I know of a couple of more i might try.
Dave
Funny you say that hmmm

Attachments

• DSCN3907.JPG
    DSCN3907.JPG
    115.6 KB · Views: 359
  • DSCN3907.JPG
    DSCN3907.JPG
    115.6 KB · Views: 348

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
That is a great deal for both sides. I was thinking of offering that deal to my mother's cousin and then she reminded me that that they have 72 acres of fields for the cows....Nixed that idea real fast...It would take me a week to cut it and then it would be time to due it again. Please let us know what you find.

OP
OP
Dave45

Dave45

Dec 31, 2004
The Lone Star State
The house was probably built in the 30s two story a nice house for this area and time period, it sits on about half an acre maybe a little more, out back there's a garage with an apartment above.
The old house is in pretty bad shape no one has lived in it for years, I'll be there Saturday with my rider weedeater and detector ;D
Lookin for that fruit jar
Dave
Oh it sits on one of three major roads that were here in the 1870s very old area for my town.

WV Hillbilly

Dec 8, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TIME RANGER CZ3D ACE 250
Keep us posted on how this works out . I'm really curious whether you end up being the windshield
or the bug . :D I'm still wishing you luck .

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Excellent idea. The only downside is if your finds are few and inbetween, the guy may be expecting that free mow job all year even after you tire of it. It's a commitment.

Hope it doesn't look like the one AA posted....that's be a hard mow...or weedwack and mow...on a weekly or biweekly basis.

Good luck
Al

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions