1879 Morgan found at beach.Update.

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
Finally got me a camera.Here is that 1879 Morgan i found at the beach of all places.
And a few other finds.

Morgan found at beach
radio
butterfly hair clip
some buttons heart earring silver
some pins girl scout?
1937 buffalo found cape code along with another Morgan
1961,1962,dime
1949,1939,1966 Jefferson
silver heart pendant
copper bracelet
chucky token
1941 mercury
10 peso
Canadian cent 1942
dog bone
The little snoopy smaller then a dime was found 5" down in sand at tot lot found with silver Umax.Killer machine!!!!

And tons of change most already spent.
all found this year hunting part, part time. need to pick up speed the the tesoro in hand i think I will be doing that.

Thanks for looking.
Rob

Attachments

• pic1.JPG
    pic1.JPG
    16.4 KB · Views: 317
  • pic2.JPG
    pic2.JPG
    12.7 KB · Views: 319
  • pic3.JPG
    pic3.JPG
    26.4 KB · Views: 311
  • pic1.JPG
    pic1.JPG
    27.8 KB · Views: 282
  • pic2.JPG
    pic2.JPG
    19.3 KB · Views: 274
  • pic3.JPG
    pic3.JPG
    30.9 KB · Views: 279
  • pic 4.JPG
    pic 4.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 278
  • pic 5.JPG
    pic 5.JPG
    29.3 KB · Views: 277
OP
OP
Rob66

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
TreasureTales said:
You found that beautiful Morgan at the beach? NICE! So what was the story on that? Are you in So. Cal? Nice bunch of goodies, WTG. (Glad you got a camera.)

yep couldn't believe it myself.

i don't think it will happen again.
Rob

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
What part of CA are you in? Sheesk, oldies at the beach at this time of year? (a silver dollar too no less). Hmm, usually beaches are sanding in at this time of year. I usually only find old coins after winter storms, but have heard that sometimes spring brings sand "in", that can have old coins in it too. Ie.: mother nature is still "re-arranging" the sand to fix for the winter erosion perhaps, and you can find scallops and slopes in non-storm times too, when this happens.

Do tell a bit more about where the oldies were coming up. Dry sand? Wet sand? open-facing beach? cove/protected beach? Why is the silver shiny? I mean, did you clean it, or did it come out that way? Usually beach silver is black from the salt, after any length of time. Or did you find them up in the high & dry dunes?

OP
OP
Rob66

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Tom_in_CA said:
What part of CA are you in? Sheesk, oldies at the beach at this time of year? (a silver dollar too no less). Hmm, usually beaches are sanding in at this time of year. I usually only find old coins after winter storms, but have heard that sometimes spring brings sand "in", that can have old coins in it too. Ie.: mother nature is still "re-arranging" the sand to fix for the winter erosion perhaps, and you can find scallops and slopes in non-storm times too, when this happens.

Do tell a bit more about where the oldies were coming up. Dry sand? Wet sand? open-facing beach? cove/protected beach? Why is the silver shiny? I mean, did you clean it, or did it come out that way? Usually beach silver is black from the salt, after any length of time. Or did you find them up in the high & dry dunes?

Dry sands 25 feet from bench mark Huntington Beach.ya never know what you are going to find. we figure it was a conversation piece or fell of a buckle. I only hunt wet sand and water edge with mt GT for jewelry.
The waves here the the last few months have been narly. :icon_sunny:

Weasel_Loader

Feb 16, 2008
California City, Ca
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer CTX 3030
I've been wanting to hit Huntington Beach for some time now as my first beach hunt. I now live out in the desert, but that beach was my favorite as a teenager. :wink:

OP
OP
Rob66

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Cool come on down!!! I like hitting the beach 5-6 am,-hunt in the nice cool weather till around 9-11 before everyone arrives and the sun is too hot. Been watchin ocean force huntington beach too on T.V just to scope out were everyone hang out at. :icon_pirat:

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 340, Tesoro Silver uMax, Compadre, and BH Tracker IV.

Ex: White's Spectrum XLT, Tesoro Cutlass II Umax, and that circa late 70's red handled junk from RadioShack that started it.
a mint worker rubbed out a leg from the die of the indian head nickel.a few were struck and put in circulation before being noticed.

OP
OP
Rob66

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
pookie said:
Thompy said:
thats not a 3 legged buffalo is it?

3 legged buffalo?? ???
cool finds

3 legged buffalo; error coin ,worth nice penny.It has only three legs.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread