LIBRARY RESEARCH OR OTHER?

smartfox

Dec 18, 2006
Can I find parks around the neighborhood and what year it was built at the library? If yes what section of the library would I need to go to? Can I also find churches, properties, etc? I was thinking about calling all the parks and asking them what year they were built but I rather get a list.

How do you guys find the year a park, or property was built? Please share the secret with me. Thank you in advance.

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
It depends on whos park it is If it is a county park ypou'll need to go to the county office of records or town etc... Most times though if you simply look at the signage in and around the park you can get the info. Another resource are realtors the come across the info when doing neighborhood research. Also dept of tourism may know some locals have Parks depts. If all else fails almost every park has someone who cuts the grass, ask them if they don't know find out who they work for and ask them. Public works, water depts, highway or roadway depts. they all have maps diagrams etc... with dates.

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 340, Tesoro Silver uMax, Compadre, and BH Tracker IV.

Ex: White's Spectrum XLT, Tesoro Cutlass II Umax, and that circa late 70's red handled junk from RadioShack that started it.
a trip to the local history section of the library would not hurt.

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Depending on where you live the parks were probebly plated with the town... so, they have been there as long as the town has been here.

I'd find the oldest maps you can find and get an idea...

County historical society is the first and best place to visit IMO.

jsu

Nov 29, 2007
NE Georgia
Detector(s) used
EAGLE II, TIGERSHARK, COMPADRE , MXT
Try the genealogy department of your local library.I went to mine and they have old maps of the city, maps of the first landowners in the area.I even found some transcripts from a archaeological dig they had at the Newtonia battlefield,which is about fifeteen miles from here. It listed everything the detectorists found and had pictures also. Talk to the people working in the genealogy dept., I`ve got lots of ideas for places to look from the lady working at the library.Good Luck.jeff

DFX-SCOTT

Mar 18, 2008
Detector(s) used
WHITES DFX
I went to the liabrary and found a book called
( THE HISTORY OF WILLIAMS COUNTY) !!!!

PRICELESS BOOK

I kept it for a month and i do not even want to get in to what I learned
Ask the liabraryin if there are any books on your town or county and tell her why!!!
If she knows what you are doing, she will understand what books to give you

I hope you find a great book like i did!
Liabrary is a Great idea!

flyinguy

Apr 27, 2008
central new york
Detector(s) used
2 compass coin pros
the library is a great source of info. maps, history, newspaper archives, etc. our vill. library has books you can't take out but you can go in this "treasure room" and look all you want. you can get photo copies. i take my dig. camera, photo and put on my p.c. so i can read at leasure and print what i want. fun winter sport.

OP
OP
S

smartfox

Dec 18, 2006
Thank you all. The library will be the next place I visit. It will take time and research but I am sure that I will find some good places if I keep trying and researching. this has been a great help. thanks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions