Danbury, CT: One MDing Jerk - maddening!

Thigh66

Mar 29, 2006
CT
Detector(s) used
Legend & Simplex +
So I see this abandoned 1700's era house in Danbury the other day... My son (9yr old) and I go back today to hunt.. He is just learning this great hobby, so I am teaching him the proper way. As we walk the yard, we see these HUGE holes dug... scattered all over the front & back yards... Some Jerk who had discovered this gem before I got to it, TORE up the place - I was SO angry at what I saw. This person also kindly left all found trash on the ground along side the massive plugs.

My son & I left after finding a few old pennies... and went to a park. A cop asked us to leave because "people complain about the holes & mess" - On our way home, my boy asked why we had to leave the park - my answer was "because of people like the one from the old house".

If by chance the person who was at the pink / abandoned 1700's house in Danbury, CT this weekend visits this site... You are an ASS Sir.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have the same problem around here on the railroad grades.one guy asked if i was over so and so place i said did they fill there holes in. he said no i said it wasent me becoase i fill my holes in good praktis and nobody even knows i was there:-[

OP
OP
Thigh66

Thigh66

Mar 29, 2006
CT
Detector(s) used
Legend & Simplex +
liftloop said:
i have the same problem around here on the railroad grades.one guy asked if i was over so and so place i said did they fill there holes in. he said no i said it wasent me becoase i fill my holes in good praktis and nobody even knows i was there:-[

Exactly liftloop - leave it in "as good or better" shape than when u found it - then everyone is happy.

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
These are the same type of slobs that throw trash out the car window while driving down the road. Some people just don't care and you are never going to get them to change. If I encounter holes while detecting I just fill them in as I continue to hunt. On many occasions I have been observed doing this by parks people and it has allowed me to continue hunting an area that others have been told to leave

JOE(USA)

Dec 3, 2006
New Milford,CT.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes/Tiger Shark,Whites,B.H./ Teknetics,3DElectronics/ Two Box, Minelab XS,Excal.
Thigh66 said:
So I see this abandoned 1700's era house in Danbury the other day... My son (9yr old) and I go back today to hunt.. He is just learning this great hobby, so I am teaching him the proper way. As we walk the yard, we see these HUGE holes dug... scattered all over the front & back yards... Some Jerk who had discovered this gem before I got to it, TORE up the place - I was SO angry at what I saw. This person also kindly left all found trash on the ground along side the massive plugs.

My son & I left after finding a few old pennies... and went to a park. A cop asked us to leave because "people complain about the holes & mess" - On our way home, my boy asked why we had to leave the park - my answer was "because of people like the one from the old house".

If by chance the person who was at the pink / abandoned 1700's house in Danbury, CT this weekend visits this site... You are an ASS Sir.

Thigh66

I'm just North you in New Milford. I have also been seeing a lot of the same type of disgraceful digging techniques you have described. Whoever the person is needs to be educated and fast! Are you interested in joining a MD club in N.Y.? Drop me a PM. Joe

incajoe

May 17, 2007
New England
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS
Yup, I've been to Harrybrook park in New Milford and I saw the same reckless technique. It really infuriates me when people do that sort of thing. Seems this guy gets around too. I hope I run into him some day so I can tell him what I think of his techniques (or lack of).

Copperhead

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2007
The Constituition State
Detector(s) used
Ace250
Seems like the guy really gets around...hopefully somebody will run into him and set him straight...personally, in my area, I've yet to even see another MDer...if that's what I have to look forward too..I'm starting to hope I don't...

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 340, Tesoro Silver uMax, Compadre, and BH Tracker IV.

Ex: White's Spectrum XLT, Tesoro Cutlass II Umax, and that circa late 70's red handled junk from RadioShack that started it.

lafatlife

May 14, 2008
CT
I am more east of Danbury and fortunately have not run into that individual. I would be upset as well because I take great pains to make sure that my holes are properly filled and you barely tell I was there.

It's a shame that people just don't care. That person probably drives 80 down the highway tailgating all the way too!!!

Rd2nowr

Jan 2, 2008
Alabama
Detector(s) used
White's XLT, IDX Pro, Sunray XL-1 Probe
I feel the same way about going to a park and finding a bunch of holes. I spent the better part of a beautiful Saturday filling in a bunch of holes. I've never seen anyone around here metal detecting before, either. That's what I was thinking about the time something over near some bushes caught my eye...seems I had found the culprit of the un-filled holes. An armidillo was digging all of them and here I was filling in his lunch holes and claening up after he had finished with the worms!! Tim

flyinguy

Apr 27, 2008
central new york
Detector(s) used
2 compass coin pros
you all got it right. one bad apple..... i always take as much trash out as i can carry when i leave. i donate it to the waste cans at local convenience stores. they are such good people, helping us out. unless, it is recycleable, such as metal,glass etc.

OP
OP
Thigh66

Thigh66

Mar 29, 2006
CT
Detector(s) used
Legend & Simplex +
Glad to see so many in the area (and beyond! :) ) who feel the same way...

Respect for this great Hobby of ours! Love it~

Thanks for posting guys/gals.

Thigh66

(())RandY(())

Mar 5, 2008
Tennessee
Every time I hunt a new spot, i walk around and pick up all the trash..Makes us MDers look good :thumbsup:...If the grounds keeper spots you doing his job he may just leave you alone :tongue3: ...

Marauder Dan

Aug 24, 2005
I dont always leave a pretty plug lol but I try to hide it well and I carry a small glad bag in my detector bag filled with some pennington contracter seed for the times I feel its necessary to fix the hole

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My mxt don't let me dig trash but Ifill my holes on the good hits

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread