Iron Relic Clean up (Best yet)

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
So as some of you might know, I've been testing many methods to see what cleans up rusted iron relics the best. Let me tell you the quickest and very best way I found so far. This is tested 100% and will not harm your relic at all.

#1. Buy Lava Soap at a local store Or purchase it online, here is what it looks like
http://www.lavasoap.com/faq/

#2. Get your relic wet.

#3. Rub the soap against the relic really hard to get into all cracks and bumps. (The soap will make it white or colored, it's just soap and will come off).

#4. Rub your finger firmly against it and shrub it with your finger until its nice and lathered.

#5. Put it back under clean running water and wash it off, and use a finger to rub it to help get the soap off.

#6. Wipe it down real good with a paper towel to dry it, and let it sit a few minutes until dry.

Then look at it and it will be fully cleaned, you will be able to read any numbers or lettering on it, it completely takes all dirt off it and any loose corrosion. Your relic won't be harmed if its solid iron.

Try it out and post your results. If you did it correctly following what the steps say, then you will have a really beautiful relic.

==Correction== I posted Hogwash as the soap and it was Lava Soap that I used. However it shouldn't be any different. But if you want to do it right, use lava soap to be sure.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for the pointer :thumbsup:

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got any before/after pics, relichunters?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread