toy cars ??

flyinguy

Apr 27, 2008
central new york
Detector(s) used
2 compass coin pros
hey, pookie, what's happennin'? are you a rhode island red head? i went tuna fishing out of galalee (spic) about twenty years ago. caught a nice tuna, didn't get sick, we got caught in the start of a hurricane at 100 miles out but what the heck, i'm here trying to type! any how i've got lots of toy vehicles. they come in as a .50 piece for me. i don't know your machine so i don't know what you will hit at but a good loud, repeating signal. i hunted one lawn that must have been a tot spot and took 17 cars and trucks from early 1900s. AND a hand full of silver. the last car i found was modern and i gave it to the cutest 4 year old that was "helping" me. i'm still the pied piper. have fun. dig a lot. enjoy. Bill

glasskeeper

Oct 29, 2006
Central, Vermont
Pookie. I dug a 1976 Firebird Matchbox car Saturday, It rang up under coin with my Ace 250. I guess if I leave my settings on coin I'll be digging up a lot more of them! Good luck hunting ! Jim.

Urban Prospector

Feb 21, 2007
N OC CA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,Compass 94B & 77B
Matchbox cars are a cast alloy so they will ping. Keys too are mostly brass alloy. One of the best ways I know to see how your detector will act is to set your keys or matchbox cars on the ground and swing over them. Kinda simple ain't it. HH Urb

OP
OP
pookie-princess of rust
Apr 27, 2008
rhode island
Detector(s) used
titan 1000 xd
Urban Prospector said:
Matchbox cars are a cast alloy so they will ping. Keys too are mostly brass alloy. One of the best ways I know to see how your detector will act is to set your keys or matchbox cars on the ground and swing over them. Kinda simple ain't it. HH Urb

yeah. that would certainly work. ::) :tard:

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
I have yet to find a matchbox car or hotwheel that didn't fall in the coin range. As another poster suggested, airtesting will help you get a general idea where they will fall.

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
This past weekend this car rang up as a solid 30, which is silver on my SE.

Attachments

• First Weekend  Finds with SE 1.JPG
    First Weekend Finds with SE 1.JPG
    106.4 KB · Views: 138
  • First Weekend  Finds with SE 1.JPG
    First Weekend Finds with SE 1.JPG
    106.4 KB · Views: 149

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread