Custom Permission Paper

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
I made up a really nice metal detecting permission paper for people to use to gain permission. Looks better if you agree to the small conditions on it, makes people more happy and you keep one and give them one. Does anyone want me to post it? would it be useful for you? I am taking it to the City Manager next week to get approve for a few spots.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
The page doesn't load. It needs a name and password or something.

What inspired you to do this for some city's property? Did they say you needed some sort of paper to detect on public land?

OP
OP
relichunters

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Hmm I guess i'd have to email it to anyone who wants to see it.

No one has asked for a permission paper, but I figure it would help alot more having one. Saying that I will clean up all trash found or used on the property, I will fill back in all holes dug, etc. Or lose my rights to detect on that property again.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
I haven't seen your paper yet, but basically, if it's anything that you're taking into a city-hall somewhere, and asking someone to "sign on the dotted line", I'd be skeptical. I mean, from their perspective, they'd have to run it past "their legal department" (no one signs things lightly these days). Seems like you'd be putting more focus on you, or your hobby, than you want. Ie.: it only implies that you are some sort of danger, to begin with, that you had to go in there with that.

OP
OP
relichunters

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Well it's really basic, it says I will obey at the rules below at the signed location or lose my permission to be on that property again.

JWRM42

Tenderfoot
May 27, 2008
PITTSBURGH
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505 (cheap, but does the trick)
I'd like to look at it if i could possibly.

JW

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread