General Good Coin Hunting Sites

BamaBill

Nov 8, 2006
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 70, AT Pro, Tesoro Tejon, ML X-terra 50
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm a die-hard relic hunter, but my young son has been getting into detecting with me and he has expressed an interest in coinshooting more than relic hunting. Anybody have any different kind of sites to suggest. We live in a more rural area and the schools are not that old. I've been researching fairgrounds, but so far all of the old fairgrounds are now malls or car dealerships. Just need some different kinds of suggestions.

TIA,
Bill W.

FL Junkman

Feb 13, 2008
Florida
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70 and Silver U-Max
Bill, I would suggest looking for old churches, former church sites and country store sites in the area.

FL Junkman

UnEarthed72

Jun 29, 2007
THE EMPIRE STATE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,Whites prism2
easiest way to find places to go is to read the posts(most people give you a general sense of where they are hunting,and apply them to sites in your state

playgrounds,parks,sites used to hold field days(carnivals) etc.

Shawn

S

stefen

Possibility of finding old countryside cemeteries and search along the outside roads only where people may have parked their cars or buggies.

Keep clear of entering into the cemetery property...its a no-no.

Just a thought

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Local parks where allowed. Local school playgrounds, homes older than 20 years old or built on property with a known history of at least 40 years will help increase your chance of finding silver.

An area that is often overlooked and only searchable at very specific times is a football field. Look for an area where the band might have sat at the end of the field. They drop lots of stuff over the years.

Good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread