PA - Coppa - Amaxing Guys...

thunter95

Jul 16, 2007
Lewisberry, PA
Detector(s) used
White's XLT / White's Surf PI Pro / White's Surfmaster II / White's IDX / White's Classic III
Well for me. I start to look at the houses in the area. If the homes are old then you start looking for areas where you can hunt without permission. What I mean is public parks, schools and other areas that are not owned by private people. Then in the area that I can hunt I start looking for water sources and flat areas where houses could have been located or farming. So far we have been doing well with this method.

al-nm

May 8, 2008
new mexico
Detector(s) used
6000xlpro
so many ways so little time. good place to start is your local library always books on your home town and events in the past. second librarys have micro film for old newspapers always stuff in those. third and best place is talk to old people. shame to waste all the knowledge they have of the past. and most can point ya right to the spots events happened. the list goes on and on but those are good starting spots. HH and good luck.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Colonial Kirk and Colonial Kyle--I think this post is directed at you guys. Got any secrets you'd like to divulge? ;D

eathabs

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2005
Sunbury, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 300, Classic ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sent two PMs asking for help in getting started with some research. I got no response. Was it because I am 45 minutes of them? Maybe. I have enough history in my home town to encroach on their primo sites. All I wanted was what do I look for when starting the research. I'm sure others on this site will help guide me in the right direction.

Hal

UnEarthed72

Jun 29, 2007
THE EMPIRE STATE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,Whites prism2
just start off by typing

history of your town/state name in google search engine
---------------------

you'll get tons of hits along with some old pics of your area

thats what i did for my area and went to a few places i saw online...it should easy to find great sites in PA.
best way to do it is by yourself..so any sites you find makes makes what comes out of them that much more special

i asked kirk one time if they ever though of holding a hunt there...never got an answer to that either

Shawn

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well...that's too bad.

Since I'm not an Amaxing PA Coppa Guy, I'll keep my mouth shut on this one.

-Buck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread