digging tools

tlzkaasen

Jun 20, 2008
SE Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500|| Garret ACE 250 (Daughter) || Sunray YF-1 Invader Inline Probe|| Garrett Head Phones|| 2008 Rat Head Phones||
trixster said:
Is there anything out there that compares to a lesche without having to take out a loan to buy it and what is the best pinpointer ? Thanks in advance for your help , Trixster

Trixster,

I'm very new to the hobby myself. I've purchased a few of the cheaper tools and have been VERY disappointed. I then decided I would look for a knockoff type lesche when I was at Walmart (no luck). (I believe that was a recommendation someone had made on this site?). Anyway, I bit the bullet and purchased the lesche from my local dealer last week along with an inline pinpointer as well. The Lesche is well worth the money. I need to spend some serious time with the inline pinpointer though. I guess I expected a 'little' more depth out of it from the reviews I've read.

hope this helps

johnnycat

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2007
Mechanicsville, VA
Detector(s) used
Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I purchased a Vibraprobe 570 a couple of months ago I like it. I resisted for years against a lesche but, I finally gave in . Ordered one from Kellyco yesterday. Got tired of the throw-aways.

tlzkaasen

Jun 20, 2008
SE Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500|| Garret ACE 250 (Daughter) || Sunray YF-1 Invader Inline Probe|| Garrett Head Phones|| 2008 Rat Head Phones||

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
the lesche digger is the way to go, best out there. the sunray probe is great, it'll go through your headphones and the search pattern is about 1 1/2 inches from the tip

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Many seem to favor the Lesche but I think not many have tried the Black Ada in the US as they are made in Europe I think, they won't bend much in solid clay been there done that on a beach. (the big one)

Although I will say that I've never had a Lesche either.

I have the all stainless steel invader trowel from Black ada. (see pics on the link I provided)

flyinguy

Apr 27, 2008
central new york
Detector(s) used
2 compass coin pros
yes. dollar store or any store "old hickory" butcher knife. strong as heck, once in awhile a grinder hit. 24 years and the same knife. need more, buy a back hoe.

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Well I must say White's Bullseye II pinpointer is the best I've seen or used. Me and my friend swear by it.
You can pick them up brand new for $79 on here, where they are usually $119

An old friend of mine has a Vibraprobe and it's crap because it cannot detect in red clay, so if your around red clay then I wouldn't recommend it, and also you have to turn it right side up for 3 seconds to turn it on, and you have 60 seconds to use it before it cuts off. You never know when its on and off in your bag so you can kill the batterys.

Which is another reason I love the Bullseye II is because it has 2 settings, and it won't turn on until you press the button, it has depth setting, and it can be used in all soils.

So take your pick, just don't be disappointed if you get the Vibra.

bill gent

Sep 22, 2006
jersey city new jersey
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
if you Googe Fiskers they have a life time warrenty and retail under 10 best pin pointer is the sunray by far it utlizes the metal detectors circuitry retail about 175 the rest is good too but the sunray attaches to your md less to carrry and possibly lose

tlzkaasen

Jun 20, 2008
SE Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Sniffer said:
go to leschetools.com. awesome digger

Looks like they lost their website.

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
look at the model 85, that's what most people use, however, for heavy digging I use the model 58 Little Eagle

Chico Rico

Dec 28, 2007
Virginia
I have a vibraprobe and it works great. I don't understand the bad press? I would not call this machine anything bad. It is waterproof. It has a good 1-2 inch range on depth. I'm still on my first battery after about 20 hrs of use. The probe cuts off if no signal is detected for one minute. It 's a battery saving feature.
I am a fan of sunray probes but they do not make them mor the minelab x-terra. So we have to live with a probe w/ no descrimination. Not to mention it does not have any switches that will fall off, I believe it to be a durable and sound investment.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread