May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Apr 27, 2008
rhode island
Detector(s) used
titan 1000 xd
i keep what i find unless its obviously trash, like foil. i have almost everything thrown into a box. how much iron would it take to make it worthwhile to try to recycle it? i have found alot of nails (including square ones) but they usually go out.

OP
OP
relichunters

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Don't sell the handcrafted nails, or coffin nails you find, those can be worth something. But yeah we have like 125 nails total. It's something like $5 per TON of iron. I dunno but its not worth it.

Apr 27, 2008
rhode island
Detector(s) used
titan 1000 xd
ya thats what i thought... by the ton... how can u tell if a nail is handcrafted? most of the ones at my house are old and square... thats all i can tell...

bill gent

Sep 22, 2006
jersey city new jersey
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
I perfur civil war mding so I keep what I find and take it with me when I lecture

might be a good idea for everyone out there to lecture at schools because it is good community service and it opens the window to better relations so you can dig more places

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
the hand made nails usually have a rounded head, they were made with a anvil and hammer.
as far as relics, I take pictures of everything, and dispose of the worthless items. recycle anything other than steel and iron

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions