Detector(s) used
EAGLE II, TIGERSHARK, COMPADRE , MXT

La Beep

Feb 15, 2008
NE Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, XLT Fisher's CZ5 Garretts GTA 1000
jsu said:
I got my dads old eagle II running. Does anyone know where I can get a instruction manual ? I need to know how to correctly ground balance it and the other programs or settings that need to be adjusted. Anyone`s help or any other information on this detector would be greatly appreciated.THANKS.Jeff
Here are some converted manuals off the Whites website:
http://media.whiteselectronics.com/manuals/Eagle Manuals/

Write whites they may still have hard copies, but I doubt it.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
That's the black box unit, with the 950 loop, right? (loop with a hole through the center). If so, that's the Eagle II SL90 (complete name). Very good unit. Not an exceptionally deep-seeker, but I liked it for ruins, demolition, etc... Seemed to have good target separation. A few changes I would do to the presets, would be to up the recovery speed to about 27. I think factory preset was about 20 (?), but I found that upping it to 27-ish would not compromise depth, yet would add target "quickness" (separation). The only thing that lower recovery speeds do is to make the signal more drawn out, thus making it more noticeable (thus leading people to believe they were getting more depth). But as long as you train your ears to hear the quicker beeps, I don't believe any depth is lost by going to faster speeds.

Other things to watch for: This machine detune when you click near a metal object (at least mine did) rather than "re-bound" to full strength. So be sure that if you're clicking to retune, to do so with the coil in the air, not near any metal targets. But the "de-tune" feather can be helpful for times when you purposefully want to detune to isolate targets.

Another thing to be aware of, is that even though this machine had an auto-track mode on the ground balance, that it tracked very poorly (at least mine did). I would find myself drifting constantly. If I wanted to ensure maximum depth, I had to frequently re-ground balance.

OP
OP
jsu

jsu

Nov 29, 2007
NE Georgia
Detector(s) used
EAGLE II, TIGERSHARK, COMPADRE , MXT
That is the one (black box) I am going to use it as a back up to my MXT. Good target separation is definitely a plus at the iron filled homesites I like to hunt. The poor tracking might be a problem there too. I will just have to get to know this detector and see what it can do. Thanks for the information and HH.Jeff

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread