"What is the deepest hole you ever dug while detecting, what did you find"!

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: "What is the deepest hole you ever dug while detecting, what did you find"!

Hi room: sigh, at the end of the Mexican revolution, the rebels captured a train with federal money. mostly silver 0ne Reales.

They decided that since they couldn't move it, to bury it next to a small RR bridge.

Our Informant, one of the surviving rebels, decided that after all of these years it would be ok to dig up some, so he contacted my friend. The problem was that bridge had been rebuilt and was perhaps 30 + meters from it.s original location.

Since it was only 100 meters from the major highway, he insisted in doing it at night. It was a full moon so there was no problem there.

When we arrived at the spot, I quickly checked it out for a 100 ft radius but found nothing. I told them this, but they insisted that it was down there, and so commenced digging. It was basically sand so there was no problem.

I merely sat on the side watching them dig away. They started with a 6 ft diam. hole, then as they went deeper, it grew smaller until they finally hit water at 13 ft. By this time the hole was only big enough for one man to dig a shovel full of sand then pass it up to the top to be emptied.

I was getting very bored and tired of fighting hungry mosquitoes, when I saw the glint of silver in the shovel full of sand. ?????? To say that they were excited was putting it mildly, while I was desperately thinking of excuses .

The sand was really flying when I finally had a chance to examine the silver coin with a flashlight, it was pretty, and I was begining to become excited myself, when I saw the date, 1957 ?????

When I told them of my find, they were all dumbfounded, we were trying to understand how a 1957 coin ended up some 14 ft under ground, when one of them suddenly slapped hls hand to his shirt pocket, then sheepishly said that he had lost the coin while he was leaning over the baby well. sigh~!

In any event, I checked the bottom and sides of the hole with no further results.

Another day in the life of cache hunting snifff.

Don Jose de La Mancha

OP
OP
bucketofguts

bucketofguts

Jul 2, 2007
N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT and Garrett Seahunter mark 2. Treasure Mate pinpointerer

my checks are hurting and i had tears :thumbsup: reading towards the end! much thanks!

OP
OP
bucketofguts

bucketofguts

Jul 2, 2007
N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT and Garrett Seahunter mark 2. Treasure Mate pinpointerer

tears are streaming now, hard to breath! b

Kiros32

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

About 14 inches in my front yard, found a circa 1987 Pepsi can. It seems the builders decided to bury their snacks...jerks.

BLACKFOOT

Jan 17, 2007
Heavener oklahoma
Detector(s) used
fisher gold bug2

two feet deep, I found a four cylinder head gasket by a old adobe house.
was lying flat about same size as wells fargo chest.

steve from ohio

Aug 1, 2008

bucketofguts said:
mine was 14 inchs in hard red dirt for a 1950s alum. or tin tube of cows ass, or utter cream at the local fair grounds! :thumbsup: thank you for your time!

I dug down about 2 feet and found a six pack that was burried recently in wet sand to keep it cool. It did keep it cool and no one claimed it so I shared it with two ladies I met on the beach. They came up to me while watching me dig and they laughed when I brought up the beer.

THEDUKE

Feb 20, 2007
Ocean County New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900/DI PRO SL

one time my detector was going crazy I thought I spent a while digging then I relized I was digging up a wheel barrel that was burried in the ground next to a foundation to a old house that had burnt down 20 years before, I mean routes from trees were growong all over this thing took me almost a hr to figure out what it was after I dug most of it up.
I filled the hole in with all the route I chopped up and dirt and left that wheel barrel there

Urban Grund

Silver Member
Aug 5, 2007
Southeast Michigan (Roseville)
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter > Sharp Shooter II & Fast Tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I found what I thought could be a cache in my yard. Turned out to be an "empty" septic tank. I took a flashlight & looked around in it before I covered it back up. The hole was small enough to cover back up with clay.

cosmic

Dec 31, 2006
Watseka, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Core, X pointer, Sunrays
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Dug so deep I had to pop up to get directions but I don't speak chinese.. Actually 18 inches on a axe head...

BamaBill

Nov 8, 2006
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 70, AT Pro, Tesoro Tejon, ML X-terra 50
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Two feet on a broken plow blade, that near as I can tell was in use in the 1830s to 1850s (based on the style of the blade). It was also the hardest hole I ever dug because it was also through some of the thickest tree roots I've ever dug through. I thought it was a CW plate when I first got down to it. Took couple of hours of hard work to get to it and get it out.

sndman60

Jan 31, 2008
Williamsburg, VA
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX 300

About 12" on my last find. I only kept diggin because I was determind to find what object was giving me a great signal. After digging under a couple of roots and removing a couple of broken bricks I found a 1904 IH. Used the DFX300, wow what a machine :o!!!

Attachments

• 1904 and eagle.JPG
    1904 and eagle.JPG
    29.5 KB · Views: 480
  • 1904 and eagle.JPG
    1904 and eagle.JPG
    29.5 KB · Views: 411

coin finder

Jan 5, 2007
Detector(s) used
Beach Hunter ID 300

I saw a Hand way way Down in my Hole, it was Waving at me... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Ramapirate

Jul 5, 2006
Charlotte
Detector(s) used
Primary detector is a Garrett AT Pro
Also have a Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Bright and early one morning I was pinging up Wrightsville Beach, N.C. pretty heavy, hitting handfuls of dropped change and hit a good signal that said it was a dollar. I had a scooper and a shovel with me and went at it. Two and a half feet later I found what ended up being a six pack of Coors in a trash bag with ice still around it. Someone must have buried it a few hours before I went down and were going to impress some friends by digging up cold beer that afternoon. I put it back in the ice and covered it back up. Didn't want to spoil the fun. I guess I should have at least left a note...

HH,
Ramapirate

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV

about 14 inches, main trunk line for the Cable TV for my neighborhood. ::) :o I just covered it back up and made a mental note NOT to dig there again... ;D

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett

Ramapirate said:
a six pack of Coors in a trash bag with ice still around it. Didn't want to spoil the fun. I guess I should have at least left a note...

HH,
Ramapirate

I would have took at least 1 ! ;D

rmptr

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett

Ah! There he is!

Caballero Don Jose!

They are running a GREAT TV ad for Dos Equis up here in Estados Unidos...

Wish you could see it. You get a big laugh over it.

...It starts out kinda like, the guy "has a personality so magnetic he can't carry a credit card."

I wish there were some way I could post a clip for you...

Anyhow, I'm hiding from the hops.

Somebody advised pomegranite juice for my afflictions, so I been on that for a while.
Still squeeze a rotten potato over the glass now and then. ;D

Hasta luego.
Adios.

rmptr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread