matagordatreasure?/

Nohope587

Jan 7, 2006
No Fixed abode
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I only ever found clad at the beach there. Had a friend who found a couple of V Nickels but the was Porta Lavaca area.

OP
OP
mollymole

mollymole

Greenie
Apr 16, 2006
texas
Detector(s) used
fisher??underwater
O.K.,I'm Ignorant,But (don't laugh)please.What is clad.
I have a fisher for underwater,but can be used on land also.
No I'm not blonde!!!!!!!!! ::)Any tips??

OP
OP
mollymole

mollymole

Greenie
Apr 16, 2006
texas
Detector(s) used
fisher??underwater
How does a person find out where to look for ???say old houses abandonded buildings etc. in their location. I'm in Houston,texas.I know there's some old delapidated places way out in the country.How do you find these places?and check them out without getting shot??i just want to find something other than aluminum cans!Help please!

Nohope587

Jan 7, 2006
No Fixed abode
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I search SW Houston areas all the time Stay away from county parks but most City parks are ok. Memorial Park is very popular used to be a fort. Also Schools are a good place to start. I have a beat up Pick up truck and look like your typical down and out so I have never had to worry about going to some of the neighborhoods. My wife only goes out with me to safe areas. What part of H are you in. Perhaps when I am back in town we can show you a couple of safe sites near you.
Check out Bear Creek but go early on Monday soccer games on weekends tend to mean a lot of goodies left but lots of other people know about it.

rsc

Mar 6, 2005
Noth of Houston
Harris County Precinct 4 parks (north side) are offlimite, the rest of them are OK to hunt. The problem with a water machine on land is it picks up everything. WAY too much digging, especially in the summer. Water hunting is the way to go now< at least you will be cooler. Hit the totlots,playgrounds,elementary schools,swingsets. A Garrett 250 is CHEAP. Most land machines will tell you what the signal is, and tell depth.
Unfortunately Galveston is the closest good water hunting around. HH

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
mollymole said:
:tongue3: Anyone ever heard of anything at all found in Sargent texas.I found A very old rusty nail!!!My kids laughed at me!Someone once said there was a sunken steamboat in Caney creek??
Sounds like a "DELETED" load of iron and coal

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread