Where would the best place be to start when detecting at a Ski resort?

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
I am going to get permission to detect a ski resort in my local area that has been around since the 1960's. Since many people go during the snow season, I am bound to find something up there as long as other metal detectorists in my area have not been up there and gotten all of the treasures. I am just wondering after I get permission and go up there.

What would be the best places to start detecting? I am going up there for 2 whole days. I plan to do as much detecting as my body can stand. Most likely will turn out to be 6 hours each day.

I thought about starting at the main lodge area first because many people drop there ski's and go in to have a bite to eat. Any other idea's?

Thank you for looking at my post.

P.S. There is a possible chance of silver being there.

S

someotherdude

Some silver some gold and mostly clad, start at he bottom around the bases of the ski lift and around the lodge where people dress, put on ski's etc.... also at the top of the runs where they exit the lifts. Pay special attention to the bunny hill the amateurs are more likely to fall and also more likely to forget to zip that pocket. I Md a ski area in my home town find lotsa clad some rings and jewelery.

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
we have one close to here but someone always beats us to it

surfin

Dec 30, 2007
Grayling, MI
Detector(s) used
ACE 250/Bounty Hunter Pioneer EX
I would start with the black diamond trails and blue trails. next would be the bunny area. I can narrow it down to a few hundred square yards where there is a really nice gold necklace on a Santa Fe slope. People take spills and loose jewelry all wwinter long. rings come of with gloves. I would think it to be a smorgesborg.

I wish I still had that it was a gift from my sister. It was a nice thick wish bone to.

Ian

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Yep! Parking lot.

Always start with the easiest place!

If productive, well, you got the gold!
If not, move on to something else...

Best

Tubecity

Bronze Member
Mar 11, 2007
sw Pa.
Never gave much thought to ski slopes, but with the ski clothing of the last 30
years or so, where would a person carry change ?

OP
OP
Detectingfreak

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Thanks for all your suggestions! Tommorow is the big day to detect the Ski Resort! Wish me luck! :thumbsup:

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At the bottom of the steepest hill. ;D

kierdan

Jun 26, 2006
Elkton, Maryland
I've never done a ski resort, but I would think ski lift. If I dropped something going up, even if I realized it, would be difficult to go find it again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread