Rings

flyinguy

Apr 27, 2008
central new york
Detector(s) used
2 compass coin pros
hi guy. rings are where ever mankind has been. they are not always a hot signal.use low discrimination. dig a lot. and use that "I KNOW IT"S A RING!" mentality. i have never really water hunted but i think swimming holes and beaches would be great. HH Bill

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes swimming holes and beaches are great especially in the wet sand areas.

I could think picnic grounds to be fair also. ???

Slingshot

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2004
Southern Appalachia
Detector(s) used
Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202, Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The best places are where fingers get wet and slippery, or cold and they shrink, then the rings slide off. Also any radical hand movements can sling off a ring, such as pitching horseshoes, throwing frisbees etc...

OP
OP
spisswgt

spisswgt

Jun 24, 2008
Blue Springs Missouri
Detector(s) used
Ace Garrett 250
Radio Shack Discovery 2000
Cool thanks for all the info. I don't live near any beaches here in the middle of missouri but I may go try to detect down at the lake. Is it ok to metal detect at a public lake? I wouldn't see why not... I've tried parks and picnic grounds... they are landfills... haven't found anything but pull-tabs and nails there. I'll probably just find a ton of trash and fishing lures at the lake but oh well its worth a shot.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Yes it is ok to detect at public lake beaches (barring obvious historical monument sites). Swimming beaches will always be the best producers for jewelry. Reason is: people frolicking around horizontally while swimming, cool water shrinks fingers, slippery suntan lotion get applied all over, people tossing frisbees and volleyballs (where things accidentally fly off), and my favorite: People take all their jewelry off for "safe-keeping" while they swim or play. And, you guessed it: the next person comes along to shake the sand off the beach blanket, etc...

OP
OP
spisswgt

spisswgt

Jun 24, 2008
Blue Springs Missouri
Detector(s) used
Ace Garrett 250
Radio Shack Discovery 2000
what all is usually found at school playgrounds?? Just clad? or does anyone actually find good stuff at them?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread