how did you come up with your user names?

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
It was the name of the first puppy I was given, when I was about 6 years old

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
when i was 12 my older brother and his friend had a weekend job and ask if i wanted to go and help out, we went to a local burger place for lunch and i went to throw away my trash in one of those cans that had a door on it (spring loaded of course) had a drink in the other hand , shoved the trash in and got my hand caught brother seen me and with all those people around said ( get out of the trash you weasel i'll buy ya lunch ! stuck ever since :icon_scratch: and the number 606 was my first fishing reel , zebco 606 , everywhere on the internet weasel is taken so had to add the 606 for my nick ;D

roundhat

Oct 22, 2007
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
I got mine after I got out of the Marines. I started with Kentucky State Police in 1996 and of course we have the ever stylish campaign covers ( aka Roundhat) The eastern Ky people called us roundhats. it kinda stuck. I left Ky state and now work as an Illinois Trooper, this is home and the pay and benefits are better, even if our governor is retarded and has a bad hair do. lol

Oct 19, 2007
born in 3 sisters, tx. now living west of tilden
Detector(s) used
X-Terra70, X-Terra 50, Ace250, Ace150, GTI 1500,GTA 1000 Ultra, Tejon, Vaquero
because of the metal detector im useing & i hunt for Treasure

Attachments

• minelab emblem-11.JPG
    minelab emblem-11.JPG
    7.7 KB · Views: 599

GoldBurn

Jul 6, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 & GTI 2500
An ancient method of execution was death by pouring molten gold down one's throat.

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The first shop I owned was call JuJu Tattoo. Before tattoos became so popular they were bad juju.
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

surfin

Dec 30, 2007
Grayling, MI
Detector(s) used
ACE 250/Bounty Hunter Pioneer EX
Favorite sport..........It was IanJen she and I keep fighting anfd then making up. right now we are made up so I guess I need to change it back but I think I have her hooked on this now so I will just get her to get a name.

Ian

flyinguy

Apr 27, 2008
central new york
Detector(s) used
2 compass coin pros
MT Pockets said:
At times I would often lend money to guy's that I worked with... These guy's were only given a Daily Allowance from their wives.. $3.00. ::) This would have to last them all day.. :o

So during breaks it it was often hard for me to eat my lunch sipping on a XL coke while they were choking on their Dry Moon-pies.. ;D

And after work they enjoyed a Cold Beer.. "Many Cold Brews" I should say..

But when Pay day came around some of these guy's were hard to locate.... And I hate to have to Ask for my Money back....

So after the Dead-Beats paid up... they thought all was fine till they asked again...

And I'd hit my pockets and say Sorry Bro.. My Pockets are Empty.. Just like yours... It became quite funny at times... with some added comments in between.. You know how us Construction Guy's are... :icon_scratch:

They guy's came up with the name Empty Pockets for me... So when a new guy came on the Job site and didn't have any smokes or anything and he was asking around..

They would say Check with Empty Pockets over there.. ;D
MT i was a sucker too. i worked in a wonder bakery and this old beat up guy would come in with a can of sardines his wife packed him for lunch! she told him get you own damn bread. you work in a bakery. i always brought extra to share. i think he appreciated it. he is dead now. glad i did it.

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
NO i'm not a Dentist ! All the Old Timers that got me deep into this SPORT ,said I had to have a prospecting name. I came up with a list of names for them.{most of which were already taken}. The list got quickly narrowed down. I'm Pretty good at getting things out of the ground, so I now am known as Extractor .

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I first started, the story of ole Pegleg Smith got me hooked, and since I'm looking for it I became PegLegLooker or PLL ( besdies pegleg was taken ). I have the name Historik on other sites because I LOVE the stories and when it combines history and legend.... I am to be left alone... until I'm finished reading.

PLL

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
One of my first hobbies when I was a pre-teen was collecting Mercury Dimes. I have accumulated 6 complete sets, and have many rolls of them. And found even more when I got into detecting, a hobby started so I could find more coins.

So I call myself Dimeman.

Pimp Lenin

Apr 4, 2006
The Great State of Louisiana
Detector(s) used
P.O.S.
One day I can across the picture that I am using as an avitar on another forum and thought it was funny. I mean, c'mon.....it's Lenin, dressed as a pimp....

I have a warped sense of humor. However, I am thinking about changing it to something related to the WBTS.

ramjet2187

Nov 29, 2005
North Central Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT
My real name is Roger...........ramjet is what people often add when they hear the name "Roger," and I was in the 2-187th Inf., 101st ABN DIV in the Great Patriotic War, aka The Persian Gulf War. Hence, ramjet2187.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread