I am going to Cancun for a week in October, but my wife says...

utah hunter

Jul 30, 2007
Utah county, Utah
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-terra 70, Fisher F75, eyes, brain
Leave the detector at home! She said she knows me well enough to figure out I will be preoccupied with wanting to detect if I have it with me. She is right of course, I hate it when she uses facts against me. Of course I will be trying to eyeball targets, and see what I come up with.

Her business is paying for the trip, they are taking all employees and spouses and paying their way. Isn't she a nice boss? I know she also doesn't want here employees knowing how big a nerd I am, like they haven't figured that out already.

If I accidentally pack it, who knows what will happen, we will see...

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Go for it Utah hunter!! Have a great trip!!

OP
OP
utah hunter

utah hunter

Jul 30, 2007
Utah county, Utah
Detector(s) used
I told her she could set my detecting time limits, but she thinks I will get ansy when we are doing things with the other couples that may bore me to death. She knows me way too well. I would limit my time and stick with it, it would just take a few months of meditation and mental preparation to perform that feat(kind of like David Blaine). If I found something cool right off I would be a basket case wanting to get back out.

It would be fun to beach hunt, I have always wanted to...

Tricia

Mar 5, 2007
Is this a business trip too? So why can't you do some detecting while she's in her meetings? You'll have fun and she'll have you to herself when she's not in her meetings.

It's win win.

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
I say go for it! Beach hunts are always a joy! You never know what you may find!!! :) Like just the other beach hunt i found 6 hotwheels cars! So I would say you bring your detector and hunt the beach to death when your wife is out having dinner with the other employee's! :thumbsup:

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI: it was posted -->

Don't Drink the Water
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The only time that I ever caught anything from the water was when I returnedto the states. Incidently, always ask where or who supplies the ice cubes.

Don Jose de La Mancha

radarwill

Feb 8, 2008
Central MA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
I'm not sure about the detector, but I can tell you what not to do.
I was in Cancun for my honeymoon 12 years ago. The airlines lost one of my bags and I didn't have a swimsuit. I went to the mall and bought one and, without washing it, put it on and my wife and I headed to the beach to rent a waverunner. The extreme salt content of the Med. and the fact the suit was unwashed lead to misfortune. My behind broke out in a horrible rash!

Don't let this happen to you! :-[
Good luck.

OP
OP
utah hunter

utah hunter

Jul 30, 2007
Utah county, Utah
Detector(s) used
This is not a business trip, as a matter of fact if anyone talks business they will probably get in trouble. My wife and her business partner promised their employees that when you hit $1,000,000 in sales in a calendar year they would take them all on a nice vacation. They will easily hit the mark by October, so they planned the trip early to get a great 5 star hotel on the beach.

Mexico is an incredible deal right now, even with the falling dollar. It is the best vacation value in the world right now if you live in the US.

I have heard the water in Cancun is just fine to drink. I will have to remember about the ice...

flyinguy

Apr 27, 2008
central new york
Detector(s) used
2 compass coin pros
utah hunter said:
Leave the detector at home! She said she knows me well enough to figure out I will be preoccupied with wanting to detect if I have it with me. She is right of course, I hate it when she uses facts against me. Of course I will be trying to eyeball targets, and see what I come up with.

Her business is paying for the trip, they are taking all employees and spouses and paying their way. Isn't she a nice boss? I know she also doesn't want here employees knowing how big a nerd I am, like they haven't figured that out already.

If I accidentally pack it, who knows what will happen, we will see...
you won't need a metal detector there! lots of eye ball TARGETS!

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
utah hunter said:
It would be fun to beach hunt, I have always wanted to...

If I were you, I'd be pitching a fit !
Beach hunting is my favorite :wink:
And if you've never done it; why blow the chance ???
I'd pack the detector FOR SURE :P
Hey; it's your vacation too, right :icon_sunny:

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
better yet buy a cheapo one and sell it to a local before you leave :icon_study:

surfin

Dec 30, 2007
Grayling, MI
Detector(s) used
ACE 250/Bounty Hunter Pioneer EX
This is what you do.

Go get her a machine.......then go to a place where there arent any other detectorist and bury a gold ring you think she would like. Make her go with you to check it out and lead her over the ring.

She will come up with whole new attitude about it after you explain to her about all the rich tourist from all over the world that must loose jewelry down there.

I bought a ACE 250 when my fiancee and I got in a fight annd while trying to justify it to her I let her use it in the yard and she found a brass arrow head pendant. I am afraid that I am back on the bounty hunter from now on.

Ian

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions