K, so how do I get my guy to come MDing?

Hellcat

Jul 8, 2008
Scotland
Detector(s) used
A cheap one
I mean, I'm not expecting him to come out every time but once in a while would be good.

No-one I know seems interested at all. That leaves me going out hunting myself. Which I don't mind but I have a problem with people seeing me and thinkin' I'm crazy :P

Early morning or during the rain are the best times for me - there's less folk about.

He seems to really get into it once we're out there with a good signal. I think curiosity gets the better of him and he digs with more enthusiasm than I do :wink:

You guys out there must have some advice with your experience of convincing your wives an' all :wink:

flyinguy

Apr 27, 2008
central new york
Detector(s) used
2 compass coin pros
Hellcat, damn! you are a girl. you rule! i'll hunt with ya anytime! my wife doesn't hunt but my bro. and friends do. my wife is so sweet and lets me do what i want, as long as i am a GOOD BOY. i am.

Lasivian

May 23, 2003
Spokane, Washington
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Hellcat said:
I mean, I'm not expecting him to come out every time but once in a while would be good.

I've kinda given up on my GF, it's just not her style unfortunately.

I'd say try and find some other guys in the area that hunt to make him see it as a little less of an odd hobby. (There is strength in numbers kind of thinking)

radarwill

Feb 8, 2008
Central MA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Just tell him you have a new studly hunting partner from Central MA.
I bet he takes more of an interest. :thumbsup:

al-nm

May 8, 2008
new mexico
Detector(s) used
6000xlpro
just ask him why. if that doesnt work sit back and ask him okay you wont detect with me, so should i find a fellow who will do everything with me?????? and put the emphasis on EVERYTHING. if none of that works spread food and beer all over the ground at least it will get him out there with you.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i enjoy my time away from home and family
once in a while ::) :icon_jokercolor:

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
My hubby isn't really too interested either but he will come out on occasion. And I agree with MT, if it is an old site he is more likely to come with me. I have joined a club so I have people to hunt with occasionally.

OP
OP
Hellcat

Hellcat

Jul 8, 2008
Scotland
Detector(s) used
A cheap one
cntrydncr1 said:
My hubby isn't really too interested either but he will come out on occasion. And I agree with MT, if it is an old site he is more likely to come with me. I have joined a club so I have people to hunt with occasionally.

That definately seems the way to go - getting into a club or something. I think it's mainly people watching us that bothers him the most, which is fair enough - that's what puts me off sometimes.

cosmic

Dec 31, 2006
Watseka, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Core, X pointer, Sunrays
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wear a short skirt.. He'll follow you everywhere!! :thumbsup:

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like the beer idea best so far......the short skirt runs a close second....lol

If nothing else, he'll sip his beer and watch you go... I would!

Al

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hellcat I suppose you know that this hobby is not for everyone, it requires patience and as you might know not every bloke has that.
So my tip is, simply ask him if he wants to give it a try and you could help him in the beginning.

Start at a easy place like the beach; easy digging, coins & jewelry, not to much trash and of course a good view.

I know exactly how you feel, not many around me are interested either. I mostly go for my self and to be honest I like it to.

More later, thunder going on.

Lasivian

May 23, 2003
Spokane, Washington
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Hellcat said:
I think it's mainly people watching us that bothers him the most, which is fair enough - that's what puts me off sometimes.

I have the same problem.

I'm thinking of just heading to old sites and ditching all the in-town busy places.

wildrider

Bronze Member
Feb 25, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC IIb/White's 6000 Di Pro
cosmic said:
Just wear a short skirt.. He'll follow you everywhere!! :thumbsup:

In the old days, I would have said ...short shorts and a loose fitting halter top. ;D

But, I would never even think that now. :wink:

surfin

Dec 30, 2007
Grayling, MI
Detector(s) used
ACE 250/Bounty Hunter Pioneer EX
yeah the beer idea rules.....................i let my fiancee borrow my ACE in the yard and it just so happens that she found a piece of jewelry within like 10 seconds now she has a ace 250 and I am back to the pos BH.

Now if I want to go I just need to find a place and we are there. of course we take turns with the ace because one of us has to carry the baby.

Ian

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other
You can't put wheels and a baby holster on an ace?
Bummer, glad my kids are grown.
I'm working on a MD holder for my electric wheelchair! LOL
Oh, that gives me an idea....
Hanging beer holder. And the wheels thing. A mind is a terrible thing to waste.
;D

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
Hellcat, hang in there. Mr. Pepper didn't like MD'ing at first. But once he saw I was going without him he started tagging along too and soon got his own MD. Now he loves it. People staring don't bother me. I get so adsorbed in what I am doing I forget anyone is around.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions