another lingo question

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
shaun7 said:
i know im gonna sound stupid but i cant think what "recovery time" could mean :-[

Couple of possibilities, depending on the context...

1. The amount of time that it takes to recover a target— pinpoint it, dig it up, and refill the hole.

2. The amount of time that your detector's automatic retuning takes to recover— i.e., return to the preset or selected threshold level— after something is detected or otherwise affects the tuning

utah hunter

Jul 30, 2007
Utah county, Utah
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-terra 70, Fisher F75, eyes, brain
It can also refer to how fast a metal detector recovers from signalling a coin, telling you the information on the target, and being ready to do the same on the next target. My fisher F75 has a fast recovery time. I can swing as fast as I want and get full target information on items inches apart. Some metal detectors recover slower, so you swing slower to get all the information and see if you want to dig the target. The minelab explorer has a slower recovery time in general.

Some machines actually do better the faster you swing, and some do better the slower you swing. Recovery time is good information to know about any detector you are thinking of purchasing, or one that you own.

radarwill

Feb 8, 2008
Central MA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Yet another definition:

The amount of time between pulling that rare and valueable coin from the ground and you heartrate to return to normal.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It also means the amount of time it takes to get out of the hospital after you fall down a well on a house site hunt.

OP
OP
shaun7

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
thanks for that all, would my eldorado need time to "recover" after finding a coin then?

thanks shaun

flyinguy

Apr 27, 2008
central new york
Detector(s) used
2 compass coin pros
to me, recovery time is after a heavy night! no that was 20 years ago. after i swing and get a reject chirp it is about one half second before my girl resets her self. sounds fun huh? recovery time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread