starting a treasure hunting club

wildrider

Bronze Member
Feb 25, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC IIb/White's 6000 Di Pro
Post in your state section here on TNet and try to find interest. Talk to other MDers where you live about interest.
Kinda have to have a meeting place.
Once you decide to meet, decide what kinda club you want.
Just a show and tell each month? /or a
Bonafide club with goals and objectives, dues, officers, newsletter, contests, prizes, organized hunts, refreshments?
Probably a regular day (particular day of the month).
Does your local club want to be part of the national md'er club?

Lots to talk about, it's all fun though. But they all need organizers and leaders.

Just my thoughts.

PS. I just tenatively found a meeting site for a possible new club near Lexington KY. So I'll post in the KY section to check interest there.

wildrider

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Years back I helped cofound a club. We advertised in a local paper for interested people, found a library that would let us use a room and posted notices there and at supermarkets on their bulliten boards.

Be creative in the way you attract people.

Once you get a few interested, it'll grow.

But like Hoover-jr said, I'd check around for clubs. Even those several miles away will have a core group and be less likely to split their time between 2 groups. That's what eventually happened to our group I guess. I had moved from the area for a few years and when I came back...it was gone.
However, another group fairly close grew very big and can afford to have hunts, events and what-not.
Al

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
we are in the process of forming a club now where I live, we have had a couple meetings and have a hunt scheduled for next weekend. Right now we have kept it informal later we will proably elect officers and pick a better meeting place, but for now its just a group of people that are getting together to socialize and talk about treasure hunting and that's what it is really about. I have seen several clubs that have good intentions but spend too much time following a strict guideline and the meetings become a bore and there isn't much time to just socialize and enjoy it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread